Author Topic: Hapton, Norfolk WW1  (Read 160 times)

Offline Melfordgal

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hapton, Norfolk WW1
« on: Sunday 05 August 18 18:47 BST (UK) »
Hello,
I am currently researching the men remembered on the Hapton roll of honour. I would be very interested in any info, particularly photos. If you are connected in any way with Hapton, please get in touch. Thank you.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Hapton, Norfolk WW1
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 07 August 18 20:18 BST (UK) »
Could you give us some names on the roll of Honour, for those that do not live locally but like to do research.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Melfordgal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Hapton, Norfolk WW1
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 09 August 18 07:07 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Names that I managed to research but would love to find a photo of:
Fred JL Green, Geo H Groom, Wm Pye, John Sheldrake, Bertie Fish, John Barrett, Jms Anscomb, Fred Arnold, Frank Dye, Fred H Fuller, Wm J Haylett, Reg H Ludkin, Ed S Newstead, Clare Roberts, Ernest Shearing, Stan Shearing, Geo Whitham, Nat Wilkinson, Jesse Woolterton and Jms Wright, Hugh C Copeman (DSO, CMG),Frank H Goodrum, Fred Scrancher,

Names that I have been unable to find much military info: (especially where they served),
Sam Cornelius Brown (RAF?), Alf Harvey (7215 Roy. Light Marine Inf), Clare Roberts (T3/024008 RASC), Sid W Scrancher ( Norfolk & Beds/Herts), Geo H Sheldrake, Ernest Wilkinson (? RN), Ernest N Hurry (RN), Arthur J Meek , Ed J Rowe (?RASC).

They all have a Hapton connection, but weren’t necessarily born in Hapton. Any info gratefully received. Thank you