Author Topic: Where can I find out about the 8th Battery of the Royal Artillery in around 1800  (Read 465 times)

Offline Stanwix England

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Hopeless scatterbrain
    • View Profile
Hello,
I'm tracking down a relative of my husbands. According to pension documents from the early 1800s, this man achieved the rank of Bombadier and was part of the 8th Battery of the Royal Artillery.

I'd love to find out some more about this regiment, but I'm turning nothing up while searching online. I'd appreciate it if someone could point me in the direction of a book or other resource. Thank you.
;D Doing my best, but frequently wrong ;D
:-* My thanks to everyone who helps me, you are all marvellous :-*

Offline GrahamSimons

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Simons Barrett Jaffray Waugh Langdale Heugh Meade Garnsey Evans Vazie Mountcure Glascodine Parish Peard Smart Dobbie Sinclair....
in Stirlingshire, Roxburghshire; Bucks; Devon; Somerset; Northumberland; Carmarthenshire; Glamorgan

Offline MaxD

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Where can I find out about the 8th Battery of the Royal Artillery in around 1800
« Reply #2 on: Monday 06 August 18 08:02 BST (UK) »
Presumably connected with William Watt on the other thread?

Note it was the 8th Battalion - at that time the Royal Artillery was organised into companies (usually named after their commander) and battalions. His company was Major Carmichael's.

MaxD
I am Zoe Northeast, granddaughter of Maximilian Double.

It is with great difficulty I share with you that in the early hours of 07 August 2021, Maximilian passed away unexpectedly but peacefully.

With deep sadness,
Zoe

Double  Essex/Suffolk
Randle/Millington Warwicks
Sokser/Klingler Austria/Croatia