Author Topic: Catcliffe Kiln Rotherham  (Read 180 times)

Offline Lizzy Drippin

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Catcliffe Kiln Rotherham
« on: Tuesday 07 August 18 14:08 BST (UK) »
I am looking for information on the Catcliffe Kiln or Cone near Rotherham. I know it was built by William Fenney 1740 after a disagreement with his mother in law, I can find no record for his birth or death. I do have his marriage and birth of his daughters. I have no birth for his son William, but I have a marriage and burial for him. Actually I would be interested in any information regarding the kiln.
 Lizzy.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Catcliffe Kiln Rotherham
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 07 August 18 14:18 BST (UK) »
Have you seen this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catcliffe_Glass_Cone

I think you will find Rotherham is in Yorkshire not Derbyshire.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Lizzy Drippin

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Catcliffe Kiln Rotherham
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 07 August 18 14:59 BST (UK) »
Yes I have seen it thank you. I just put William Fenney's name in and it brought me here, I haven't used the site in a while and I am having a bit of trouble getting into the site.

lizzy