Author Topic: Death certificate.  (Read 2223 times)

Offline nikitah

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Death certificate.
« on: Tuesday 07 August 18 23:23 BST (UK) »
 Hi, I have found a possible death for someone at Ulverston in 1921, is there any way I can check if it's the person I'm looking for other than sending for the certificate?. Than you , Nikitah.

Offline cristeen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Death certificate.
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 07 August 18 23:59 BST (UK) »
Local newspapers may have details of the funeral, relatives etc for a death at that time
Newson, Steavenson, Walker, Taylor, Dobson, Gardner, Clark, Wilson, Smith, Crossland, Goldfinch, Burnett, Hebdon, Peers, Strother, Askew, Bower, Beckwith, Patton, White, Turner, Nelson, Gilpin, Tomlinson, Thompson, Spedding, Wilkes, Carr, Butterfield, Ormandy, Wilkinson, Cocking, Glover, Pennington, Bowker, Kitching, Langhorn, Haworth, Kirkham.

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 08 August 18 00:00 BST (UK) »
No is the short answer but maybe look for a burial or entry in the probate calendars for the person of interest to see if there is any information there.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline nikitah

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 08 August 18 11:10 BST (UK) »
Thank you both for your replies, I did suspect as much. Do you know which newspapers covered Ulverston in 1921?. Many thanks, Nikitah.

Offline cristeen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 08 August 18 12:54 BST (UK) »
The Lancashire Evening Post is online for that period, not local as such but often copied stuff in local papers. Do you have access? If you are happy to provide a little more detail, dates, names etc I will have a look for you.
Newson, Steavenson, Walker, Taylor, Dobson, Gardner, Clark, Wilson, Smith, Crossland, Goldfinch, Burnett, Hebdon, Peers, Strother, Askew, Bower, Beckwith, Patton, White, Turner, Nelson, Gilpin, Tomlinson, Thompson, Spedding, Wilkes, Carr, Butterfield, Ormandy, Wilkinson, Cocking, Glover, Pennington, Bowker, Kitching, Langhorn, Haworth, Kirkham.

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 08 August 18 16:13 BST (UK) »
He may not have died actually in Ulverston he could have lived in one of the surrounding villages Ulverston is just the registration district,a name would be helpful as suggested by Christeen and she then can do a general search,in Lancashire daily newspapers as it was Lancashire back then,also the Barrow News and the North Western Daily mail later evening mail are held at Barrow archives,I am unsure when the Ulverston news started production but like the Dalton edition it ceased being printed years ago,
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline cristeen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 08 August 18 16:38 BST (UK) »
He may not have died actually in Ulverston he could have lived in one of the surrounding villages Ulverston is just the registration district,a name would be helpful as suggested by Christeen and she then can do a general search,in Lancashire daily newspapers as it was Lancashire back then,also the Barrow News and the North Western Daily mail later evening mail are held at Barrow archives,I am unsure when the Ulverston news started production but like the Dalton edition it ceased being printed years ago,
I should have thought that the person in question may not have lived in Ulverston! One of mine had a death registered there, he died in Barrow but lived in Morecambe which is where he was buried.

Offline nikitah

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 08 August 18 17:43 BST (UK) »
Thank you all, If this is the person I think it is, then they most probably lived in Grange over Sands. I was looking to see if there are any MI's and found a couple of churches but no M I's . I maybe able to trawl a few church yards later but it would be best if I knew it to be the right person, and which church. Christeen thank you. the death I was looking at is Annie Mackereth age 38 died 1921, again if correct her mother was Elizabeth Mackereth ms Willan and father Thomas Mackereth, I suspect Thomas wasn't Annie's father. these Mackereths  lived at Rockery House Grange over Sands, Annie on the other hand disappeared after having 5 children in Lancaster, the youngest was born 1916. the death for Annie I found on freebmd. Nikitah

Offline cristeen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 08 August 18 20:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Nikita, I did a general search of the Mackereth surname in 1921 and I'm afraid nothing came up of relevance. I did find a Mrs Mackereth advertising private apartments for rent at 2 Eastwood Terrace, Kents Bank Road, Grange over Sands in 1922 & 1923 and some Mackereths living in Ulverston at Penny Bridge about ten years earlier. Sorry :(