Author Topic: Death certificate.  (Read 2214 times)

Offline lancsann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Death certificate.
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 09 August 18 22:25 BST (UK) »
O what a tangled and unfortunate family. Thanks for the history. You would think the name Mackereth would be easy but I was amazed at how many there were in the Kendal area. At least 2 of them seem to be called Annie, I think I saw an Annie Eliza & an Annie Elizabeth.

Offline nikitah

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 09 August 18 22:52 BST (UK) »
Thank you lancsann, I was going to say it doesn't help when like the Huddart's  they keep changing their name, then noticed I've been spelling yours wrong ;D.. So I now think it possible that Annie wasn't Thomas Mackerth's  daughter and only became a Mackereth  when Thomas and Elizabeth married in 1888,we know from census returns that Annie E, was born Kendal as was her Mother and if I have done my home work right Elizabeth's mother was Eliza Willan ms Smith, Elizabeth also had a sister Eliza, easy isn't it? the only problem then is if Annie was illegitimate and registered as Willan, we then have a choice of 2 or more born Kendal about 1883/ 1885 one Annie Eliza and the other Annie Elizabeth, but if she was registered Mackereth oh well you get the picture ::) . I'm wondering if there will be anything about the children being taken into care , I have the name of the officer a Mr J Reabourne, but nothing has shown up so far. I may have to wait until the 1921 census is released, I can but hope , thanks to everyone for trying , catch you later Nikitah 

Offline lancsann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 10 August 18 09:02 BST (UK) »
No problem with spelling my board name wrong. Several people misread it.

Annie Eliza Willan registered Kendal (see post #11).

As she was born 5 years before Elizabeth and Thomas married I would guess you are right in thinking Thomas was not her father and she was just known by his name. Unless a baptism naming a father or a bastardy order can be found I would think yo7 will never know.

Annie Elizabeth Willan b 1885 seems to appear in several census with father George mmm Doggett

Offline lancsann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 10 August 18 09:11 BST (UK) »
I would guess you are going to have to bite the bullet and buy that death certificate. On the evidence so far it seems the most likely. If you are lucky the informant of her death may help.

Offline nikitah

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 10 August 18 09:40 BST (UK) »
Yes lancann, thank you, I think your right, story of my " family tree" life , not boring though. many thanks, Nikitah.

Offline nikitah

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 10 August 18 20:02 BST (UK) »
Sorry if anyone is getting bored with this, I'm back ,I have just found I can order the death certificate from G R O, as a pdf for £6-00 so I wonder if anyone has used this, if the pdf contains all the details, it does say its not an official document, but I'm just looking to verify if its mine or not. It's looking promising as the E is Eliza on The G R O site. Nikitah. 

Offline cristeen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 11 August 18 11:17 BST (UK) »
The PDF contains exactly the same information as a full certificate, it just can't be used in an official capacity. I have used the service a few times and found it to be very efficient.
Newson, Steavenson, Walker, Taylor, Dobson, Gardner, Clark, Wilson, Smith, Crossland, Goldfinch, Burnett, Hebdon, Peers, Strother, Askew, Bower, Beckwith, Patton, White, Turner, Nelson, Gilpin, Tomlinson, Thompson, Spedding, Wilkes, Carr, Butterfield, Ormandy, Wilkinson, Cocking, Glover, Pennington, Bowker, Kitching, Langhorn, Haworth, Kirkham.

Offline nikitah

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 11 August 18 12:56 BST (UK) »
Thank you cristeen, that's a big help, I will send for it , not open weekends so will try Monday, many thanks Nikitah.

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 12 August 18 14:50 BST (UK) »
You can order pdf certs online 24/7, so don't necessarily have to wait until Monday.

you still need the registration details but at the end of the ordering process you select the pdf option for £6 
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea