Author Topic: Death certificate.  (Read 2225 times)

Offline panda40

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Death certificate.
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 08 August 18 20:41 BST (UK) »
Looking on findmypast they give the burial place as Flookburgh St John the Baptist for Annie. I am not familiar with the area but this might help you locate her. The record set is Furness burials
Regards
Panda
Chapman. Kent/Liverpool 1900+
Linnett.Kent/liverpool 1900+
Button. Kent
Sawyer. Kent
Swain. Kent
Austin/en. Kent
Ellen. Kent
Harman. Kent/ norfolk

Offline nikitah

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 08 August 18 20:59 BST (UK) »
Thank you Cristeen for all your hard work its much appreciated.  Panda thank you it's still a possibility because Thomas Mackereth was born Flookburgh, there could be family members buried there. I'll have another search, many thanks, Nikitah

Offline lancsann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 08 August 18 22:26 BST (UK) »
are you sure she was still Annie Mackereth by 1921. A tree on ancestry has her with daughters Constance (1909) & Evelyn  (1911) living as the wife of Joseph Huthart both registered as mmn Mackereth

Annie was registered in Kendal as Annie Eliza Willan in 1883

Offline lancsann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 08 August 18 22:49 BST (UK) »
Baptism: 12 Feb 1865 St John the Baptist, Flookburgh, Lancashire, England
Thomas Mackreth - [Child] of Ann Mackreth, Spinster
    Abode: Flookburgh
    Baptised by: T. Rigg
    Register: Baptisms 1859 - 1869 from the Bishop's Transcripts, Page 1, Entry 6
    Source: LDS Film 1040301

Baptism: 1 Apr 1866 St John the Baptist, Flookburgh, Lancashire, England
Thomas Rose Mackreth - [Child] of George Mackreth & Margaret
    Abode: Meathop Fell

the 2nd one seems to be your Thomas as on all the census returns he states born Maethop or Meathop Fell

Offline nikitah

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 08 August 18 22:57 BST (UK) »
Thank you lancslas, I was busy writing the above . Yes that's the Mackereths , looks like I need to be at St John the Baptist Flookburgh. Kind regards, Nikitah.

Offline lancsann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 09 August 18 08:58 BST (UK) »
There could also be the possibility of Lindale church which is actually closer to Meathop.

The tree I mentioned in my previous post has Annie dying in 1950 but I suspect that could be wrong. Registered in Westmorland but Grange, Ulverston etc were still Lancashire at that point.

Are you sure Annie never married?

Offline nikitah

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 09 August 18 14:42 BST (UK) »
 ::)Not sure what happened last night, I wrote a long history of the family, it's disappeared, so I'll try again. First thanks to all of you for your interest and very hard work. I' know the owner of the tree on Ancestry, they are just as baffled so I wouldn't put much store by it. Annie and Joseph say they are married on the 1911 census but no marriage has ever been found. Annie disappears after her son Joseph was born in 1916, all the children are cared for by various family members, baby Joseph was looked after by the sister of Elizabeth Mackereth, the daughter Annie is cared for in Morecombe by a family called Snowden, the other three girls are supposedly cared for by some other relatives but they were treated badly the welfare officer intervened and they were placed in the care of Nazareth  House Lancaster, Their father Joseph paid money to the home and we know he kept in touch early on he was present at his daughters funeral and at least one of his daughters weddings. Joseph senior was in the first world war unfortunately his papers haven't survived, so we have no idea when he joined. In 1919 he married a Yorkshire lass they lived in Morecombe and had three children I have the marriage certificate and there is no mention of being married before, about 1925 they moved to Yorkshire  and stayed until Joseph died in 1977.         So you see I'm not sure of anything and I thought I would try another angle after finding a death for Annie Mackereth age 38 in 1921 at Ulverston. I have to go out now If I think of anything else I'll do it when I get back, take care Nikitah.

Offline nikitah

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 09 August 18 17:41 BST (UK) »
Hi, thought of something in 1891 census the Mackereth family with Annie age 7 are living in Harrogate street Barrow in Furness, just down the road still in Harrogate street the Huddart  family are also living, Joseph is 2, maybe relevant or not :) , Nikitah.

Offline nikitah

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 09 August 18 18:08 BST (UK) »
Hi again just checked my papers for the girls admission to Nazareth House, it was just 2 girls Evelyn and Gladys, their Father paid 10/- a week for them, they were received at the home January 1920 and their mother was living and a protestant, Eveline left in 1927 with her Grandmother Mrs Mackereth, Gladys was baptised a Catholic and took the name Theresa, she left in 1931, and Canon Duffy kept an eye on her, well every little piece of the jig saw helps, just a mysterious Annie to find. Nikitah.