Author Topic: Thomas Holroyd/e 1915 death Elland.  (Read 439 times)

Offline hol

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Thomas Holroyd/e 1915 death Elland.
« on: Wednesday 08 August 18 11:02 BST (UK) »
Hello
I know Thomas died in the June qtr 1915,he lived at Elland . Can anyone see a burial for him?.
There is a newspaper report for a Thomas Holroyd in the halifax guardian dated 1st of May but i dont have access to newspapers.His name was usually spelt Holroyde
Any help appreciated .lee
This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Atack,Earnshaw,Holroyd.Holroyde, Craven.Rangeley,Gledhill.Sheffield.Brearley,Walker West Yorkshire
Crowther,Hopley,Lane,Riding.   Horwich- Lancashire.

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Holroyd/e 1915 death Elland.
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 08 August 18 15:47 BST (UK) »
At this time Thomas was probably buried in the local municipal cemetery.

There was one in Elland and according to this website;
https://www.calderdale.gov.uk/v2/residents/community-and-living/births-marriages-and-deaths/funerals-and-cremations/cemeteries

the records are held at Parkwood Crematorium -- however you would need a date of death. If youlive out of the area maybe you could use your charm and have Parkwood staff do a look up for you, otherwise the records seem to be available to view.

Elland Cemetery is on both Find A Grave and on Billion Graves -- but you would be dependent upon there being a headstone.

I cannot see anything in the on-line newspapers (although that doesn't mean it's not there somewhere of course!)
Places of interest;
Lancashire, West Yorkshire, Southern Ireland, Scotland.

Offline hol

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Holroyd/e 1915 death Elland.
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 08 August 18 16:33 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the reply
I knew it was a long shot but always worth a try, will trawl billion graves website for a bit i think
Thanks Lee
This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Atack,Earnshaw,Holroyd.Holroyde, Craven.Rangeley,Gledhill.Sheffield.Brearley,Walker West Yorkshire
Crowther,Hopley,Lane,Riding.   Horwich- Lancashire.