Author Topic: Great Grandfather Willie Cordiner second from left bottom row , Restore please  (Read 179 times)

Offline ryan37

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
This is the Cordiner Brothers of Peterhead group Photo

can anyone restore , especially keen to see if anyone can restore and make a picture out of the barrel lid on the bottom row , CORDINER BROTHERS PETERHEAD, and the CB LOGO centred , would love to see a closer version of the barrel lid which is clearer ,

apologies if im asking too much

ryan

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline japeflakes

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Great Grandfather Willie Cordiner second from left bottom row , Restore please
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 09 August 18 20:10 BST (UK) »

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Trishanne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Great Grandfather Willie Cordiner second from left bottom row , Restore please
« Reply #2 on: Friday 10 August 18 00:49 BST (UK) »
The two ladies either side of your grandfather look well armed. I have tried to make the barrel lid as clear as possible.
Pat
Bownass - Lancashire & Westmorland
Hoggarth - Lancashire & Westmorland
Jackson- Lancaster
Waller - Dent, Yorkshire dales
Omerod - Lancashire
Redburn - Lancashire
Evans - Hereford

RESTORERS please do not use my restores without my permission THANK YOU

Offline Trishanne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 10 August 18 00:51 BST (UK) »
Here is the barrel lid, I have tried to enhance the original lettering.
Pat
Bownass - Lancashire & Westmorland
Hoggarth - Lancashire & Westmorland
Jackson- Lancaster
Waller - Dent, Yorkshire dales
Omerod - Lancashire
Redburn - Lancashire
Evans - Hereford

RESTORERS please do not use my restores without my permission THANK YOU

Offline ryan37

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 10 August 18 11:00 BST (UK) »
Thanks for everyoneís help , great efforts made to restore and help regarding the barrel lid

Looks like Coopering tools
The two ladies are holding

Great photo to look back on , thanks again for the contributions made

Ryan

Offline maggbill

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Francis McNab 1874 - 1932
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 10 August 18 11:19 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

Just had to comment on how lucky you are to have such a great photo - what a bunch of mostly very happy, relaxed workers!  Lots of old photos especially those taken in studios are so bland and lacking expression - this one is so different - lovely to see!
McNab, Kenney, Johnstone, Carrigan, (Cargan, Kirgan, Corrigan), Toll, Tracey, McNulty,  Reilly, Maguire, Loughlin, Banks, McGonagle, Forsyth, McDonald, Michael,  Kennedy, Bagnell, Cronan, Dunleavy, McMullan. -  Glasgow, Ireland, British Columbia Canada, Manchester New Hampshire USA.

Offline ryan37

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 10 August 18 11:21 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much ,yes Iím
So lucky , Iím lucky to be able to share on roots chat and also receive such good help and comments

I have more to share and will keep posting

Ryan