Author Topic: Company History  (Read 1243 times)

Offline Midase

• RootsChat User
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Company History
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 12 August 18 11:03 BST (UK) »
Thank you once again Rena but it is a case of, "been there, done it and got the "T" Shirt" Will have to draw a line under it now.

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 12 August 18 22:38 BST (UK) »

Hi Mazi. It is the owners of Anderson and Wall that have approached me regarding the 1918 aspect. All they have to go on is the company statement for 1918 but there are no records to show that this was the actual year they commenced trading. .

Is the 1918 company statement the Annual Statement of Accounts provided by the Acountants of the Partnership?  I've still got our first ANNUAL Company Statement of Accounts somewhere and I suppose they were hoping a descendant could have what they're looking for. 
The Statement I have outlines what trade we were in and states that it is a true reflection of the partnership business for the twelve months ended 31st July.  Counting back, this shows that we started trading the previous year on the 1st August.

The first company I ever worked for was started in the 1800s and their company statements reflected that their twelve months of trading ended every 10th October - working back this means they must have officially registered their company 9th October.
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline Midase

• RootsChat User
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 13 August 18 19:00 BST (UK) »
I have found out that the company statement is the current statement and not that of 1918. The confusion comes about because someone else was asked to look at it and they took the information from A&Ws website, which is why they said with no evidence. The person had done a search but came back with the current statement which refers to the 1918 establishment date with no evidence found!!!! The 1918 date is what is being queried but his report on the matter only confused things. I have now asked the owners to look at any documents they have when they purchased the business to see if there is anything at all in there to give a clue.