Author Topic: Annie Ovens, 1917, Toronto, Canada - Touch up, please?  (Read 1431 times)

Online Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Annie Ovens, 1917, Toronto, Canada - Touch up, please?
« on: Saturday 11 August 18 20:16 BST (UK) »
If possible, could the attached photo be cleaned up, please?  It would be nice to have the tear "repaired" and if possible, the black tabs removed. The photo is slightly curled so I added coins to the edges to try to get it flattened out.

Annie is the lady who is sitting in the chair.  She was quite ill at the time and passed away six months later.  Annie's husband, two daughters and son-in-law are in the photo.

If someone would like a challenge to add colour to the photo, that would be wonderful but I am mostly hopeful of having a clean photo of the family.  :)  The groom and bride had brown hair.  The lady sitting on the grass had "fiery" red hair.  Annie's husband had sandy-coloured hair.  We don't know Annie's hair colour.

Thank you in advance for any assistance with this wedding photo.  Lisa
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Offline DrDude45

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Great minds... go unappreciated.
    • View Profile
Re: Annie Ovens, 1917, Toronto, Canada - Touch up, please?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 11 August 18 22:51 BST (UK) »
Here's my offering. Hope you enjoy!
I just like to do photo restores.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 12 August 18 00:01 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much, DrDude45.  It is perfect.   :)
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Offline McGroger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Convicts, Commoners and Outlaws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 12 August 18 06:28 BST (UK) »
My try.
Peter
Convicts: COSIER (1791); LEADBEATER (1791); SINGLETON (& PARKINSON) (1792); STROUD (1793); BARNES (aka SYDNEY) (1800); DAVIS (1804); CLARK (1806); TYLER (1810); COWEN (1818); ADAMS[ON] (1821); SMITH (1827); WHYBURN (1827); HARBORNE (1828).
Commoners: DOUGAN (1844); FORD (1849); JOHNSTON (1850); BEATTIE (& LONG) (1856); BRICKLEY (1883).
Outlaws: MCGREGOR (1883) & ass. clans, Glasgow, Glenquaich, Glenalmond and Glengyle.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 12 August 18 08:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Peter:

Thank you for your work as well.  It is also wonderful.  Seeing the enlarged photos also brings out the little details like the "trim" near the bottom of Annie's dress.  I also never noticed that the bride had short sleeves; it is not something that I would have expected since she was married in late-winter but perhaps it was the style.

Thank you, Lisa.

Offline McGroger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Convicts, Commoners and Outlaws
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 12 August 18 09:13 BST (UK) »
You're most welcome, Lisa. :)

Re the women's clothing: you'd  have to think it was reasonably warm, rather than barely above freezing point. Even Annie seems to be fairly lightly dressed.

Peter
Convicts: COSIER (1791); LEADBEATER (1791); SINGLETON (& PARKINSON) (1792); STROUD (1793); BARNES (aka SYDNEY) (1800); DAVIS (1804); CLARK (1806); TYLER (1810); COWEN (1818); ADAMS[ON] (1821); SMITH (1827); WHYBURN (1827); HARBORNE (1828).
Commoners: DOUGAN (1844); FORD (1849); JOHNSTON (1850); BEATTIE (& LONG) (1856); BRICKLEY (1883).
Outlaws: MCGREGOR (1883) & ass. clans, Glasgow, Glenquaich, Glenalmond and Glengyle.

Offline Trishanne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 13 August 18 13:51 BST (UK) »
Like Peter, I was surprised this was a late winter wedding, because of the clothes. I have not put any leaves on the tree though.
Pat
Bownass - Lancashire & Westmorland
Hoggarth - Lancashire & Westmorland
Jackson- Lancaster
Waller - Dent, Yorkshire dales
Omerod - Lancashire
Redburn - Lancashire
Evans - Hereford

RESTORERS please do not use my restores without my permission THANK YOU

Offline Trishanne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 13 August 18 13:52 BST (UK) »
One with some colour added
Pat
Bownass - Lancashire & Westmorland
Hoggarth - Lancashire & Westmorland
Jackson- Lancaster
Waller - Dent, Yorkshire dales
Omerod - Lancashire
Redburn - Lancashire
Evans - Hereford

RESTORERS please do not use my restores without my permission THANK YOU

Offline japeflakes

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 13 August 18 14:02 BST (UK) »
Simple b&w