Author Topic: Looking for marriage of Berniece McMillan  (Read 2633 times)

Offline lilybell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for marriage of Berniece McMillan
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 22 August 18 02:19 BST (UK) »

I have a copy of a obituary for Dora Ann McMillan who died Sept. 12,1954 and it indicates that Bernice M Simpson is a daughter.

I have found  Mrs. Bernice M Simpson  living in  Victoria, B C in 1952 and 1953 the directories for Victoria only go to those years.

I was not able to find a marriage for Bernice marrying a chap named Simpson in British Columbia no death record either. I even checked in Manitoba. No sense looking in Saskatchewan as they still do not have their marriages done thinking it may never happen

I am at a loss as to where Bernice got married

Lilybell
Harrod Essex and Kent England
McCrimmon Invernesshire  Scotland

Offline lilybell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 24 August 18 04:08 BST (UK) »
From Henderson Directories 1940 Bernice is living in Regina, Saskatchewan along with her sisters Reta waitress and sister Lorna bookbinder.  2143 Osler Street

From 1945 Henderson Directory for Regina Mrs Bernice Simpson living with her mother Dora 2143 Osler Street.

Looks like a good possibility that Bernice married in Saskatchewan in 1945. She is living in Regina
1946 and 1947, 2143 Osler Street. No record of her living in Regina after 1947.Could be when she moved to Victoria BC.

If you wish to send for her marriage I believe the cost is  $55.00 for the  genealogical copy. You can have a marriage search done for $25.00.I beleive it is 3 years. It is a non refundable  if no marriage found

From 1946 Henderson Directory  Regina Saskatchewan with Bernice is Ian Simpson occupation trucker.  Living at 2143 Osler.So now we have a name of her husband.

Lilybell

Offline cosmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 24 August 18 18:22 BST (UK) »

Offline lilybell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 24 August 18 18:37 BST (UK) »

Good find Cosmic. One little lead leads to another. Would love to hear back from Grace.

:) :) :)
Lilybell

Offline cosmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 24 August 18 18:51 BST (UK) »
Online family tree indicates that Frank Enoch died 1998 Victoria BC.  No dates given for Bernice except in 1962 Frank is living with his father and by 1968 he is with Bernice in Victoria.

Offline lilybell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 24 August 18 19:25 BST (UK) »
Death info for Bernice Margaret Mitchell DOD May 9,1997, Victoria BC burial Royal Oak Burial Park

DOB was Oct. 31, 1913.

Frank was married previously, no death record found for him and no marriage for him marrying Bernice.

Wonder how Ian H Simpson connected to the military.

Lilybell