Author Topic: Stephen thomas james Bray  (Read 1093 times)

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Stephen thomas james Bray
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 14 August 18 22:32 BST (UK) »
A tree claims this for Harry:

Marriages December quarter 1931
Gunda Bonnet    W.Bromwich    6b   1819   
Harry Yates    W.Bromwich    6b   1819

also this:
https://canadianheadstones.com/view?id=812123

Added:
Sorry, your tree.........

Offline Denise Rudge

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 15 August 18 09:24 BST (UK) »
Yes - have actually met one lady, lovely person, but her connection is that the Bray was her stepfather and had the same info I had.  It was a connection from Canada that suggested I obtain Olga's divorce papers.  I am pleased I as among the papers was the marriage certificate.  I have tried Ancestry and find it very interesting as they always state there are no records of Olga etc.  I have a tree on Ancestry if you wish to have a look. I even put the date and where they were married and still can back - no records at all.  I have birth records of the children of Stephen's brothers - all very odd if you ask me. I did type in - Yahoo - Brays of Moscow and turns out the Brays are still operating a ball bearing factory in Moscow. I find the whole Bray saga interesting and wondering why Olga appears to be a no, no. Perhaps Stephen is her father but Maria not her mother!!!!  I have tried the American branch, where many of them ended up after 1917, but none have replied.  I have had tea at the Russian Tea Room in New York, but, then had no idea that a Bray worked there for a while after 1917. I look forward to hearing from you as to why Ancestry doesn't appear to acknowledge that Olga even existed.
Denise
my tree is under Haynes

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 15 August 18 09:48 BST (UK) »
I look forward to hearing from you as to why Ancestry doesn't appear to acknowledge that Olga even existed.

Do you mean in the records or in a family tree?

Family trees are submitted so it really just depends on whatever details a tree owner knows, has found so far or even wishes to include. My only Ancestry tree consists of my great-aunt and her rather famous husband because I don't wish to show anything else but I certainly have lots more details and would exchange more information with relatives who make contact.

As far as record go it depends on what in in their database and if the details are there in the first place. For example, if Olga was born in Russia to a British father then she might appear in U.K. overseas births- if her father registered her birth with the British authorities. If her birth wasn't registered then she won't be listed.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Denise Rudge

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 15 August 18 19:53 BST (UK) »
Trees are fine - I know what you  mean about records.  I have their wedding certificate but haven't put in my tree as fedup with people putting things on their tree but when I ask how we are connected - even saying I have no need to view their tree just wondering about the connection and they are not decent enough to reply. I have had fantastic help from so many people regarding all the families on my tree - and when asked I have scanned documents to them.  The most helpful have been the Haynes, Saxton, and the Yates side of the family.  I have used Kew for information and they have been great.  Anyway will not ramble on any further.  Take care.
Denise
There are photos of my father Stephen Yates on my tree.