Author Topic: Serjeant Arthur George Pope and Vinzent Bombera  (Read 642 times)

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Serjeant Arthur George Pope and Vinzent Bombera
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 14 August 18 09:44 BST (UK) »
On Polishroots.com
there is no Bombera in the surnames list - but the surname BOMBA states German and Polish roots :)
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 14 August 18 09:46 BST (UK) »
I have found a winderful resource with original copies of documents for Bydgoszcz
ha but I can't read most of them what year was your Ggrandad born roughly will do
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 14 August 18 09:49 BST (UK) »
here is the email for the archive admin they may be able to give you more hints
admin@bydgoszcz.ap..gov.pl
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 14 August 18 10:02 BST (UK) »
Genealogia w Archiwach website,

Offline jim1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ain't life grand
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 14 August 18 12:29 BST (UK) »
In case you don't know this Arthur George died at Courcelles-le-Comte France 21/8/18.
The objective was to take the German forward trenches around the railway which they did.
Warks:Ashford;Cadby;Clarke;Clifford;Cooke Copage;Easthope;
Edmonds;Felton;Colledge;Lutwyche;Mander(s);May;Poole;Withers.
Staffs.Edmonds;Addison;Duffield;Webb;Fisher;Archer
Salop:Easthope,Eddowes,Hoorde,Oteley,Vernon,Talbot,De Neville.
Notts.Clarke;Redfearne;Treece.
Som.May;Perriman;Cox
India Kane;Felton;Cadby
London.Haysom.
Lancs.Gay.
Worcs.Coley;Mander;Sawyer.
Kings of Wessex & Scotland
Census information is Crown copyright,from
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/

Offline Cawbom

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 14 August 18 13:03 BST (UK) »
In case you don't know this Arthur George died at Courcelles-les-Comte France 21/8/18.
The objective was to take the German forward trenches around the railway which they did.

Fantastic I have been doing research and was given co-ordinates of where he died so this might help me to pinpoint the spot where he died.

I know he also made a career out of being in the army, not just a WW1 soldier, I also understand he was wounded on more than one occasion during the war. would anyone know where i could possibly find out what he did in the army prior to ww1 and what wounds he had during the war?

Offline Cawbom

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 14 August 18 13:09 BST (UK) »
I have found a winderful resource with original copies of documents for Bydgoszcz
ha but I can't read most of them what year was your Ggrandad born roughly will do

My grandad was Bruno Bombera and he was born in Berlin on 09/09/1923. But have no idea of the age of Vincent unfortunately...

Also my grandad had brothers and sisters all born in Berlin, where could i find out their birth records or would WW2 scupper that?

Offline Cawbom

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 14 August 18 13:10 BST (UK) »
On Polishroots.com
there is no Bombera in the surnames list - but the surname BOMBA states German and Polish roots :)

this is my problem there seems to be very little Bombera's around anywhere to find anything out...

Offline Cawbom

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 14 August 18 13:12 BST (UK) »
here is the email for the archive admin they may be able to give you more hints
admin@bydgoszcz.ap..gov.pl

Thanks i will have a look, and ask them if not i know my wifes uncle is half german and fluent so he might be able to help me.