Author Topic: death details  (Read 2553 times)

Offline popsit

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: death details
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 14 August 18 21:14 BST (UK) »

Because of where I am getting a cert. is costly hence the hope someone here might have privy to info really close to what I am looking for that might give me a little thread to run with as credits are costly if you dont get the info you want straight away.

Popsit

Thank you for your reply. I had originally purchased five credits and inadvertantly bought a "death enhanced view" leaving me with four credits. This view didn't tell me anything that I didn't already know. If I purchase another credit and get a copy of a death what am I likely to get from it apart from name, date of death, place,age.  All boiled down I would like to find out what nee name of the Mary in the Griffiths valuation was. I know deep down that this may never happen lol but I hang on to the theory that there might be something somewhere waiting for me to find it.Thats genealogy for you and I love it. Once again thank you for your time, much appreciated.
[/quote]

It doesn’t really matter where you live. For events in Northern Ireland that are not yet free on the irishgenealogy site, you can view the original certificates on-line for £2.50 a time, on the GRONI site. That’s not very expensive, and is the same price for you as we pay in Ireland.
[/quote]
Be good to your Mum

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 14 August 18 21:57 BST (UK) »
You seem to have typed your reply in the middle of several quotes (at least that's what it looks like)  ???

I've already given a link to show you what details will appear on a death certificate. GRONI is pay-per-view for everyone but by the end of the year the certificate will be online (free) on Irish Genealogy's site.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline popsit

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 15 August 18 00:35 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Apologies for that, I had meant it for everyone who had given me advice and help. Because you say it will be along in Nov. sometime I think I will hold off buying a photocopy of the death from PRONI. Its not long to wait. Thank you    popsit
Be good to your Mum

Offline popsit

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 15 August 18 00:39 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Apologies for that, I had meant it for everyone who had given me advice and help. Because you say it will be along in Nov. sometime I think I will hold off buying a photocopy of the death from PRONI. Its not long to wait. Thank you    popsit

Not a good day.....not Proni
Be good to your Mum

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 15 August 18 08:36 BST (UK) »
I think I will hold off buying a photocopy of the death from PRONI.

When you use credits to see the image on GRONI's site the image appears on your screen just on on Irish Genealogy's site- you are not buying a photocopy of the record.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline popsit

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 15 August 18 20:48 BST (UK) »
Okay for fear of sending you to scream into a pillow or tear your hair out, how do I buy a photocopy only of the death and how many credits will it take. I keep getting mixed up between Proni and Groni. Although I said I would wait till Nov. I do have the credits sitting there so may as well use them if I have enough. Thank you for your patience.   Popsit
Be good to your Mum