Author Topic: John Cunningham b. 1819 0r 1821 Edinburgh  (Read 1201 times)

Offline gougy

• I am sorry my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
John Cunningham b. 1819 0r 1821 Edinburgh
« on: Tuesday 09 August 05 22:15 BST (UK) »
Hello.

Would anybody have details of a John Cunningham, born in Edinburgh either 1819 or 1821? He ended up in Sussex and is listed as a gamekeeper in the 1871 census. He married Sarah Tribe in 1845.

I'm trying to ascertain whether he is the brother of my ancestor Robert Cunningham, born 1817 in Eltham, Kent - Robert's father was also called Robert and was born around 1779 in Glasgow.

Thanks
Sussex:<br />Lishers of Sompting, Cunninghams of Houghton, Hammonds of Angmering, Humphrey, Hambleton, Ayling, Pope, Gent<br />
London: Le Franc, Watson, Read<br />
Cornwall: Phillips of St. Ives, Chappells of Penwith<br />Ireland: O'Connors of Co. Clare<br /><br />Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline CheshireSteve

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Cunningham b. 1819 0r 1821 Edinburgh
« Reply #1 on: Monday 14 December 15 16:49 GMT (UK) »
Very late reply, but seeing as you didn't get one.

Yes, I think the John Cunningham b1819/21 is brother to Robert b1817 in Kent who later moved to Sussex. However I don't think your John Cunningham married Sarah Tribe. I think that was a different John Cunningham b1803, also from Scotland and living in Sussex (Rogate), the 1820 John Cunningham married a Sarah from Stamford Hill, Middlesex b1826/1827.

I haven't managed to establish if the 1803 John Cunningham living in Rogate was related to the others.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: John Cunningham b. 1819 0r 1821 Edinburgh
« Reply #2 on: Monday 14 December 15 22:55 GMT (UK) »
HI CheshireSteve

Don't worry about late replies, always great when any new info comes in whenever.

The problem is that gougy's email no longer seems to be working, going by that message under his user name on the left. Hopefully, others may be also able to help you now  :)

If you can add any further info on what you yourself have got stuck on, what you have, this can help others trying to do searches for you now.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk