Author Topic: Jamieson in Toronto  (Read 3862 times)

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Jamieson in Toronto
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 18 August 18 14:48 BST (UK) »
Ann McKinlay was interred on March 18 1967 at Mount Pleasant cemetery in Toronto. Can,t confirm yet if she is mother of Elizabeth brake, nee jamieson. Don,t know her date of death. A few days earlier maybe?. Born 1879 in Glasgow . Parents Hugh McDonald and Agnes Bertram.

I had a look in the Star and Globe obits from March 10 1967 to March 21 1967.  I didn't see an obituary for Ann.  Perhaps there isn't one?  Unless she died somewhere else, but was buried in Mount Pleasant??

RK

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 18 August 18 15:22 BST (UK) »
Marriage;

MCDONALD HUGH & BERTRAM AGNES 1876
644/11 126 Hutchesontown

There are a few births with name Annie M(a)cDonald in Lanarkshire area although none specify Glasgow or Hutchesontown for the dates I used 1878 – 1880

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Online gerry65

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 18 August 18 15:28 BST (UK) »
Rosinish, 
children are Agnes sharp bertram jamieson;  elizabeth Thompson brodie jamieson , Hugh Mcdonald jamieson. Three more after Hugh. 
Witnesses on wedding look like Lizzy Beldrami? And Jessie Jamieson.
Gerry
scott, cumming, jamieson, bertram, Mc Donald(from Antrim), sharp, miller, brodie, duffy, thomson, McRae, johnston, forbes, glen

Online gerry65

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 18 August 18 15:33 BST (UK) »
Rosinish, I could not find hard evidence if annies birth date or place. Only from census. Family always lived in Glasgow.  Possibly not recored.  My main problem is finding if she remarried in canada to a Mr mckinlay.  Or is Ann mckinlay in plot with elizabeth and Ken someone else.
scott, cumming, jamieson, bertram, Mc Donald(from Antrim), sharp, miller, brodie, duffy, thomson, McRae, johnston, forbes, glen

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 18 August 18 15:38 BST (UK) »
Thanks Gerry!

I think the witness Lizzie is likely Bertram?

I think I may have narrowed down the birth for Annie & this looks a good possible?

MACDONALD ANNIE 1879
646/2 319 Govan

It's quite possible Annie didn't marry Mr McKinlay but lived with him as if married as you did mention her husband & some kids were in Scotland?

Annie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 18 August 18 15:55 BST (UK) »
Found out that my great grandmother may have been interred in same plot as her daughter elizabeth brake and her husband. Problem is that the name in plot is Ann mckinlay. My g grandmother ,s name was annie jamieson nee mcdonald. Her age at death ties in though. She may have remarried but I can,t find any details of that or any information on her death about a second husband.  Tried to access the Globe and Mail but couldn't work it out.
She died in march 1967 age 88.
Regards Gerry

If you have the DC, who was the informant, did it state she was married to anyone, or what her status was, what was her address at time of death?

It may be an idea to look for an obituary under Jamieson or McDonald if this hasn't already been done?

Everything does point to Ann McKinlay being Annie.
Is there a way of finding out who owned the plot, their address etc?

Just thoughts?

Annie

Online gerry65

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 18 August 18 16:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Rosinish , I Don, t have death cert. Haven't looked for death details of Ann with other names, Annie jamieson nee Mcdonald.  Not sure were to look.
The plot owner will be or would have been rIchard kenneth brake or his wife elizabeth brake. Both interred in plot. Last address 8 Nesbitt drive , East York,  toronto, ON MAW 2GR.
Regards Gerry. 
Birth for Annie looks good. Did you get that in Scotland, s People. Witness surname could be Lizzie Bertram. Or Beltrami.  I Don, t have a Lizzie Bertram in family tree. 
Gerry

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 18 August 18 16:55 BST (UK) »
Indeed Gerry, the birth is on SP but it's only an educated guess with Govan as I noted the parents' marriage was in Hutchesontown which comes under Gorbals & the Valuation Rolls state a Parish 'Govan & Gorbals', a long way round for a shortcut!  ;D

I wouldn't imagine anyone else other than Annie to be in that grave.

Is it possible to post a snip with witnesses names & some surrounding words for letter comparison?

Annie

Online gerry65

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 22 August 18 20:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Rosinish,  found out Ann McKinley in Canada date of birth was 12 July 1878. Was inscribed on small headstone at grave. She died 20 Dec 1966. Does that DOB tie in with any you found on SP for a Annie Mcdonald? .
 Regards Gerry