Author Topic: Mourning dress  (Read 475 times)

Offline Jaznjjj

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mourning dress
« on: Wednesday 15 August 18 09:08 BST (UK) »
This is an unidentified subject who was in one of three photographs found in the effects of a relative's intestate file. I am assuming the black clothing indicates mourning and I am trying to get some idea of when clothing like this was fashionable in an endeavour to identify this person.  The relative was George Richard Seymour who died a bachelor in 1912 at Marrickville so the photograph pre-dates that event.  There was nothing on the back of the photographs, nor on the envelope in which they ended up.  Would greatly appreciate any clues please.  J

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Mourning dress
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 15 August 18 09:34 BST (UK) »
There's a Rootschat group who help date photos so you might like to post there.  I've had some wonderful help on that page.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/free-photo-restoration/

Wonderful hat!

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jaznjjj

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mourning dress
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 15 August 18 09:40 BST (UK) »
Thank you.  I'll follow that up.  I've since learned how to resize photographs!  J.