Author Topic: Ancestry Raw Data download link  (Read 1402 times)

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry Raw Data download link
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 15 August 18 16:46 BST (UK) »
Sounds like they are having problems at the moment then.

Rebel justifiably annoyed about not gaining access to his/her own DNA data, I am very annoyed that my photos have all disappeared, and Kim annoyed at having to use alternative means to gain access to a tree which she had permission to view.

I don't know if it is worth contacting them re my problem or not, I usually get a very poor response when I try to get in touch with them, and Kim's has been resolved.

Rebel, I think you will have to keep pestering them, if you are sure you are doing everything correctly, which I have no doubts about.

Regards Margaret

STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.go

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 15 August 18 17:02 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your input.
What I meant was I have the correct email address attached to my Ancestry account, both email and username continuously in use at Ancestry since 2003 !
Yes, I request the raw data as Gadget describes and get the "Almost there " screen and am told to check my emails:

After that , nothing happens , no email.
And this is MY data  I'm trying to get my hands on!
Rebel

Their help menu suggests clearing your browser cache if you have problems.

Add - link to their help on this topic:

https://support.ancestry.co.uk/s/article/UK-CA-AU-Downloading-Raw-DNA-Data
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline cockney rebel

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 15 August 18 18:56 BST (UK) »
Yes, I know and have been through all that.
What I have done is to edit my email to a rubbish one at Google and the download link arrived very quickly if not instantaneously!
So, I have my data!
Then I wanted to edit my email address back to the "proper" one and get the message "already in use"
Not a good day but main problem resolved!
Perhaps it'll all come out in the wash...!
Thx
Rebel