Author Topic: Hannah Murphy b Cork Ireland  (Read 966 times)

Offline annette ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hannah Murphy b Cork Ireland
« on: Thursday 16 August 18 06:37 BST (UK) »
I am wondering if anyone can help me try and find a record of birth for Hannah Murphy at all !!
I do not know the year  could be maybe 1840's +, but I do know that she came out to Australia and married a James Cope .
They had a daughter born in 1865 in Mortlake Victoria.
Hope that someone may be able to help !
Regards Annette Ellen.
Dundee, Montrose, Perthshire, Errol,- Ireland , Birmingham, Huddersfield, England, Rotterdam, Holland.
Kettles, Kettle, Young, Archibald, Smith, Greive, Philp, Gibson, Mason, Bent, White, Cunneen, Cahill, Pratt, Frost, Bridges, Mothersole, Money, Roche/Roach, Lenehan/ Linehan/ Linahan, Leonard, Sayles, Waren/Warren, Johnson, Berigan/Bergin/Berrigan/Birgin, Janssen.
Steel, McNab, Christie, Kelly, Fraser.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Hannah Murphy b Cork Ireland
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 16 August 18 07:41 BST (UK) »
There are likely to be several Hannah Murphys born in Cork during that time, you need more information to find the correct one.
A passenger list with a townland name.
Father on her marriage.
A sibling.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 16 August 18 08:15 BST (UK) »
Australian certificates usually have more details than Irish ones- any clues as to birthplace and parents from marriage or death certificates?

Registration of births started in 1864 so what you will be liking for is a baptismal record.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline annette ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 18 August 18 06:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Sinann,
Thank you for the info. I went and checked my certificates and on the marriage one of Mary Jane Cope and Charles Mason it has that the consent of the mother of the bride as Hannah Thomson. The father Deceased.
So that means that Hannah has remarried and Mary Jane father (as written on the name of the bride was James Cop). was deceased!!
Now to maybe try and find out when James Cope died and also try and find out when Hannah remarried ??A puzzle indeed, but hopefully I can get it sorted.
Many thanks for what you have done as I would not have checked the consent part on any certificate.
Thanks again
 Regards Annette ellen.
Dundee, Montrose, Perthshire, Errol,- Ireland , Birmingham, Huddersfield, England, Rotterdam, Holland.
Kettles, Kettle, Young, Archibald, Smith, Greive, Philp, Gibson, Mason, Bent, White, Cunneen, Cahill, Pratt, Frost, Bridges, Mothersole, Money, Roche/Roach, Lenehan/ Linehan/ Linahan, Leonard, Sayles, Waren/Warren, Johnson, Berigan/Bergin/Berrigan/Birgin, Janssen.

Offline annette ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 18 August 18 06:59 BST (UK) »
Hi aghadowey,
Thanks for the message and there is no mention of where the parents were born.
I do not have James Cope  Death certificate or Hannah Murphy / or Thomson as it has written on the consent section of parent of the Bride on the Marriage form. A puzzle indeed to sort out!!
A bit more checking for me to do.
Thanks once again,
regards Annette ellen

Offline wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 18 August 18 08:22 BST (UK) »

Removed to Australia board................ Elizabeth Emily MASON