Author Topic: Elizabeth (K) Read, born early 1900s in Pennsylvania  (Read 321 times)

Offline m23to53

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Elizabeth (K) Read, born early 1900s in Pennsylvania
« on: Thursday 16 August 18 14:07 BST (UK) »
This lady was the daughter of Augusts Clement Read, 1869-1916 who some of you will recognize as one of the probable participants, in the 1890s, of changing college football by bringing in ringers and payments. He might even have been the original ringer, but that's for discussion elsewhere I would think.

But though I can readily identify her father, mother and brother Augustus Clement jr, I have been unable to to do the same for her. She is the Elizabeth K Read born c1902 on the 1910 census and the Elizabeth K Read on the 1930 Census born c1904! living Cheltenham, PA with her mother, brother and uncle and working as a reporter. And that appears to be the sum of any records I can find for her.

I was mislead into thinking she was the Elizabeth Read Schaeffer Tomlinson, 1902-1992 of Pennsylvania, but that lady was born Elizabeth Langton Read with different parents as I finally discovered.

Have I missed something in my searching? Can anyone help me find any later records etc. on her.

Thanks
John

Offline RJ137

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile

Offline m23to53

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth (K) Read, born early 1900s in Pennsylvania
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 16 August 18 15:07 BST (UK) »
Many thanks. I did subscribe to that newspaper site for a time, but gave up as I rarely if ever got a result from a search.
Not my day as I have now found the marriage on Ancestry but which didn't appear before!

Thanks again,
John

Offline RJ137

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth (K) Read, born early 1900s in Pennsylvania
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 16 August 18 15:20 BST (UK) »
Another snippet

Detroit Free Press
Detroit, Michigan
Sunday, July 18, 1948 - Page 35

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/22854699/detroit_free_press/