Author Topic: William Anthony Hails 1766-1845  (Read 1337 times)

Offline Genie24

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Anthony Hails 1766-1845
« Reply #9 on: Monday 20 August 18 19:17 BST (UK) »
Thanks to everyone for their input and apologies for the long post. I agree it  is confusing but I was just trying to give all of the information I had.
Yes Joseph Glover's wife was Susannah Ridley. I have researched the Imison's extensively so I am fairly positive that Hails name is not on that side. I am trying to research further to trace backwards as I feel the connection, if any, will be on the Glover or the Ridley side maybe.
Thanks for the marriage details for William Anthony Hails and Mary Wilde.
I was under the impression that Joseph Glover and William Anthony Hails were living at the same abode and not next door to each other. They are  similar age too. I know William Anthony was also a methodist minister so maybe Mary Imison and Joseph Glover named their child after him out of respect for him rather than a family name thing.
Grateful thanks to all
Anderson/Andersson, Imison, Lang, Humble, Mallinder, Brett, Ridley, Ferries, Hall

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 20 August 18 21:55 BST (UK) »
I did rea some where that William Anthony had a sister but I failed to find any further details other than she was also involved in the Methodist movement
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 20 August 18 22:02 BST (UK) »
I suspect his father William married in Walsend in 1765 to Mary Elsdon,
as this is where he took young William Anthony after his mother died,his father being a shipwright
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 21 August 18 06:59 BST (UK) »
I haven't come across a will for William Anthony Hails now that may shed some light on family connections

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 21 August 18 08:15 BST (UK) »
I was under the impression that Joseph Glover and William Anthony Hails were living at the same abode and not next door to each other.

The // on the census does indicate that they and several other households are living at the same address
HO107 / 824 bk12 f21 p34
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 21 August 18 08:19 BST (UK) »
perhaps you are correct in assuming they all lived in the same house,
Isabella Glover is recorded at 34 Blenheim St ,as a lodging house in the Newcastle directory of 1847
Blenheim St Chapel in the photo

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 21 August 18 10:23 BST (UK) »
Durham records online have two burials you may like to look up
Mary Hails,born circa 1761,buried Gateshead 1799  abode Queen Street Newcastle,
Mary Hails born circa 1767,buried Castle Ward 1806,abode Ponteland

Offline Genie24

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 21 August 18 11:40 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the great photo.

A will would be great to find and I will definitely look into the burials.

Anderson/Andersson, Imison, Lang, Humble, Mallinder, Brett, Ridley, Ferries, Hall

Offline Genie24

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 21 August 18 11:53 BST (UK) »
According to Familysearch, Mary Hails (recorded)Hales born baptised 4th October 1761 was the daughter of Jacob Hales and the Mary Hails who died 19th August 1806 had fathr John Hails and mother Mary Armostrong. They could be related to William Anthony Hails but that would be difficult to prove.
I am starting to think that there isn't a family connection at all.