Author Topic: Smyth in Templeogue Everton in 1931  (Read 2869 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Smyth in Templeogue Everton in 1931
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 19 August 18 20:26 BST (UK) »
There is an Everton Terrace on the road/tramway to the right on that map.

Not sure about that one as it seems to be Terenure rather than Templeogue.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 19 August 18 20:34 BST (UK) »
There is an Everton Terrace on the road/tramway to the right on that map.

Not sure about that one as it seems to be Terenure rather than Templeogue.
Yes both spots are in the townland of Terenure but at least it shows the name was used in the general area so it could have been used again.

Offline Missjanny

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 20 August 18 00:08 BST (UK) »
  :D I’m blown away by your responses, thank you so much for your ideas and thoughts!
Rotunda Hospital said:
First, as I had provided the birth certificate for my Father, they confirm that an entry in the 1931 Hospital Labour Ward Book was found that Kathleen Smyth delivered a baby Jan 1 1931. Then they say any further information (should it have been located) is deemed personal information to Kathleen and/or baby.
Second, in an appeal, they uphold their right to refuse information being given in confidence and of personal nature.
Then thirdly, they add section 10 which is: ...May refuse to grant if the record concerned does not exist or cannot be found.
Come to think of it, I didn’t request Kathleen’s Home address, I wonder if they would release that as  “non personal”

Offline Missjanny

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 20 August 18 00:45 BST (UK) »
So, it really seems possible that “my Kathleen” is this Smyth Family at 64 Templeogue per 1911 census. And her brothers (who also go by middle names) Vincent and Sidney were questioned for this burglary in 1927.
But without a 1921 census how can I trace her?

I don’t know the name of the Protestant Orphanage Kathleen’s son (my Father) was was placed in, and he is now deceased so I can’t ask him.

But, aghadowey, he WAS in an orphanage for 14 years just as you said was mentioned in another thread. Can you help me find that thread on the other forum?

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 20 August 18 06:14 BST (UK) »
So, it really seems possible that “my Kathleen” is this Smyth Family at 64 Templeogue per 1911 census. And her brothers (who also go by middle names) Vincent and Sidney were questioned for this burglary in 1927.
But without a 1921 census how can I trace her?

I don’t know the name of the Protestant Orphanage Kathleen’s son (my Father) was was placed in, and he is now deceased so I can’t ask him.

But, aghadowey, he WAS in an orphanage for 14 years just as you said was mentioned in another thread. Can you help me find that thread on the other forum?

1926 Census?
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 20 August 18 07:44 BST (UK) »
This Smyth family seems to be the best lead we have for you at the moment with the limited details you have been given.
A bit more digging to do but when more information is found I suggest you go back and ask for more information from Rotunda Hospital. You did say that your father was deceased and as his next of kin you are looking for details for family medical history? If not, that may make a slight difference although copy of death certificate may be required as proof.
The note that he was in orphanage for 14 years came from a post of yours on another forum which I found when googling. Which brings in another angle to consider- asking Rotunda for name of institution baby was placed in so you can apply for his records there.
Will see if I get any more information from a few ideas I had last night.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 20 August 18 08:00 BST (UK) »
If correct family, Elizabeth Kathleen would have been 30 when she gave birth - where did the information about 'young girl' come from?

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 20 August 18 08:02 BST (UK) »
Keep in mind 64 is not a house number, it's the number of the census form. The house doesn't appear to have a number.
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/reels/nai000225404/

I think Templeogue Everton as per the birth cert may be the best you will get as a address.

Offline Missjanny

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 20 August 18 17:27 BST (UK) »
Thank you all for your help!
1. Don’t know if Kathleen was a young girl or not, perhaps my father was told this as a fact, or not. Perhaps it was just easier to believe that.
2. I will go back to Rotunda Hospital for more info, especially for medical purposes :)
3. I’d also love if Rotunda said which orphanage he went to. My pain purpose tho is to learn more about Kathleen and to see if there are any living relatives.
Again, your help is very much appreciated.