Author Topic: John Marshall Smart 1821-1894  (Read 2743 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Marshall Smart 1821-1894
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 21 August 18 17:26 BST (UK) »
You are welcome.  :) I suppose the handwritten notes etc, may contain info which may already be on-line somewhere.  The next time I am able to go to the library which will likely be the end of next week I will see if there might be more about him in newspapers which are not yet on-line which you won't be able to access.  I found the Shields Daily News articles using the microfilm at the library but I daresay you would be able to access these on-line since you can't get to North Shields library.

I will let you know if I find anymore. :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 21 August 18 18:02 BST (UK) »
You may already know this  but John Marshall Smart's probate calendar entry (and anyone else's entry right up to a few weeks ago) can be viewed (for free) on https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/#wills
Click on wills and probate 1858-1956 and enter SMART and 1894 as the year

SMART John Marshall of 3 Bellvue terrace, North Shields, ship owner died 14th February 1894 Probate Newcastle on Tyne 12th June to John Smart steamship owner Effects £9757 1s 11d

Boo

Offline Browny1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 21 August 18 18:20 BST (UK) »
Thank you, yes I have a copy of the entry from another site, but wasn't aware of the site you mentioned so shall bare it in mind for the future.

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 30 March 21 16:30 BST (UK) »
I know this is now an old post but I have come across John Marshall Smart's memorial which is in Section B Consecrated at Preston Cemetery.  I have now added the photos on Find A Grave if you might like to see this Browny1.  Click on photo then on 'View Original' to see a closer up image.

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/221629521/john-marshall-smart
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner