Author Topic: The Howie Brothers from Trinity Road Brechin.  (Read 901 times)

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
The Howie Brothers from Trinity Road Brechin.
« on: Tuesday 21 August 18 10:42 BST (UK) »
Getting back to some more searching of the Howie family in Brechin I remember my late brother in law telling me some of his grandfathers brothers going off to America
I have tried to find something about these men but not had any luck
they are the sons of James Howie and Helen Milne Mearns
living in 7,Trinity Road Brechin Angus Scotland
Been there got photos of the house on a trip 10 years ago
James Howie born 1879
John born 1881
William G  born 1891
 and Charles born 1894
there were also girls in the family I have from Scotlandpeople they were step brothers to
George Mitchell b 1872
Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
Re: The Howie Brothers from Trinity Road Brechin.
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 21 August 18 12:51 BST (UK) »
Think there was another brother David Thow Howie born 16th November 1891 , although he appears to have died and was buried in Brechin Cemetery in March 1893(Familysearch).  :(
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/129913482

There's a William Gallie Howie born Brechin 1890 , and also a death for William Gallie Howie , age 77 , 1968 Kirriemuir and Cortachy and Clova Angus.

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 21 August 18 13:36 BST (UK) »
I don't see John(born 1881) with the family on the 1891 Census(April) , there was a death for a John Howie age 10 in Brechin and possible burial Brechin Cemetery March 1891 -
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/129913483/john-howie
Not sure if that's your John  :-\

Also-
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/131803410/helen-m.-howie

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 21 August 18 14:55 BST (UK) »
Thank you Ev I know Helen Milne Howie  is buried in Brechin church yard no headstone
I never though to look at find a grave
At the moment I cannot get into Familysearch.org it asks me to find another browser my grandson usually does these for me as I am afraid to pop the buttons as he has to come to me to help me with these things now ...Trials of getting old
many thanks
Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth