Author Topic: Margaret Twomey born Newry  (Read 1607 times)

Offline bean

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Margaret Twomey born Newry
« on: Tuesday 21 August 18 14:01 BST (UK) »
bit cheeky but here goes!
For some reason I can't get to the free records hosted online but Margaret Twomey (B 1911 Newry) does show up on FindMyPast.ie - would someone be happy to look her up and confirm her parents for me?

thanks in hopeful anticipation
Bean

Online athacliath62

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile

Offline bean

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Twomey born Newry
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 21 August 18 14:17 BST (UK) »
thank you - for some reason I get a site certificate error, even when using the link you've posted?

Offline bean

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 21 August 18 14:18 BST (UK) »
searched in my phone instead using your link and success!!
it's her and with the right parents - thank you very much.

Bean

Offline Cwellan CoDown

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 21 August 18 14:46 BST (UK) »
McClean, Kelly, Murray, Higgins, McAnulty (McNulty, Conalty, Kinolty), Morgan, Rafferty, McPolin (All Co Down, Ireland) Bowman, Hooper(Yorkshire)

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 21 August 18 15:18 BST (UK) »
thank you - for some reason I get a site certificate error, even when using the link you've posted?

I got that for a while yesterday but it was okay later, now I'm getting it again, very annoying.

Offline BallyaltikilliganG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 21 August 18 15:25 BST (UK) »
OOps you have most of thisCensus 1911
1.3 in Castle Street (Newry South, Down)
Twomey   John   [b~1874] 38   Male   Head of Family   Roman Catholic   City of Cork   Carter   Read and write   -   Married   -   2   -I think his marriage in 1909 is listed with his fathers name Francis see https://www.ancestryireland.com/family-records/marriage-records-co-antrim-co-down/?search1=&search2=twomey&condition=begins&submit=Search   its also on Emeraldancestry.com
Twomey   Ellen   [b~1874] 34   Female   Wife   Roman Catholic   County Down   -   Read and write   -   Married   -   2   -   -i
I think you mean about three months later a child Margaret Anne Twomey of those parents 3 Castle Street Newry June, 10th 1911 Try that link again enter the robot box of tricks then enter your first name, then last name, tick the square box and you will get a picture of an original ledger, perhaps you didn’t register for free.

John might have joined up
from familysearch.org
John Twomey
Event Type:   Military Service
Event Year:   1919
Residence Place:   Newry, Down, Ireland
Military Company/Regiment:   Royal Engineers
Military Regiment:   290533
Military Battalion:   2nd Labour Battalion
Birth Year (Estimated):   1877
Gracey Gracie Gracy Grassy Greacy
worldwide

Offline bean

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 21 August 18 15:39 BST (UK) »
Thanks everyone for all your help - much appreciated.
I knew about her parents but only because I knew about her brother - think that makes sense.

At the weekend got a snippet of info that he may have had a sister - Margaret - and now, thanks to you lot that's confirmed.

I've been looking for Johns birth (and his dads (Francis) marriage) for quite a while now with no luck - indeed I can't find any records of Francis at all.
There was a rumour of John serving in the forces so that's something else for me to follow up.

Thanks once again,
Bean

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 21 August 18 16:18 BST (UK) »
Try that link again enter the robot box of tricks then enter your first name, then last name, tick the square box and you will get a picture of an original ledger, perhaps you didn’t register for free.

When you get the site certificate warning you can't do anything, no robot etc just an option to report it as a malicious site