Author Topic: NZ BDM Questions COMPLETE  (Read 3588 times)

Offline piedstilt

• RootsChat Veteran
  • "Show me the way to go home ..."
    • View Profile
Re: NZ BDM Questions
« Reply #9 on: Friday 12 August 05 09:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Trish,

Do you mean literally or figuratively crossing the Tasman? We've just been subjected to an advertising blitz promising fares to Australia for $36! (plus the inevitable add-ons).

You are so close, why not take the plunge and visit the home of your ancestors - and while you're here arrange a meeting with riley at the National Library!

Promise you won't be disappointed with any part of your visit  ;D

Ros
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline trish251

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 12 August 05 13:03 BST (UK) »
Do you mean literally or figuratively crossing the Tasman? We've just been subjected to an advertising blitz promising fares to Australia for $36! (plus the inevitable add-ons).

You are so close, why not take the plunge and visit the home of your ancestors - and while you're here arrange a meeting with riley at the National Library!

Promise you won't be disappointed with any part of your visit  ;D

I was thinking figuratively and literally - My husband had his first trip to NZ last year & is quite keen for us to go - at the time I said there was no family to visit there - how things change! If we make it would luv to contact some RootsChat folks

;D ;D  ;D  ;D

Trish

Offline piedstilt

• RootsChat Veteran
  • "Show me the way to go home ..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 12 August 05 13:15 BST (UK) »
Always happy to meet fellow Rootschatters (not that I've ever met one!) and offer any help needed. I got started on this whole thing by going to look up some Southland ancestors - I'd never been there before either!

Ros