Author Topic: Fire TV Stick  (Read 829 times)

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
Fire TV Stick
« on: Wednesday 22 August 18 13:44 BST (UK) »
I've just nicely installed my new fire tv stick so that I can watch the US Open Tennis which starts on Monday and is only being shown on Amazon Prime. I'm not too hot when it comes to all things technical so was quite proud of myself!

However, when I was instaling it, it asked if I wanted to take out the 30 day free trial on Amazon prime and I skipped over that because I was intent on getting the installation right, and I thought I could go back to the free trial bit later.

This is now 'later' and I can't find it anywhere and bloomin Alexa keeps telling me she doesn't manage subscriptions - so how do I do it? My basic reaction is to do it online but - and here's the probably silly question - if I do it online will I still be able to stream via the firestick and my tv? I'm worried that doing it it that way will only send it to my computer, which I don't want (tellie's a lot bigger!!).

Could any of you tecchies advise me (once you've stopped laughing and picked yourself up from the floor!!).

Jill
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Online mazi

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Fire TV Stick
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 22 August 18 15:45 BST (UK) »
It’s a bit complicated isn’t it.  :) :)
You could take out a trial online, remembering to cancel it if you don’t want to continue and then see it you can access other tv content only available on prime, you have a week to find out.

Or you could try reinstalling the stick and say yes to the free trial.

Or wait till an expert comes along to help  ;D ;D ;D

Mike

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 22 August 18 16:07 BST (UK) »

Or wait till an expert comes along to help  ;D ;D ;D

Mike

I presume you mean a 5 year old!!    ;D
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Online mazi

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 22 August 18 16:44 BST (UK) »

Yep,  :) or maybe our eight year old grandson, who sussed out the password for the new modem in 10 seconds.

Shame he has gone home now

Mike

I presume you mean a 5 year old!!    ;D
[/quote]

Online Christine53

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 22 August 18 17:10 BST (UK) »
If you bought your fire stick from Amazon it will have been registered to your account. If you sign in to your account on the website and sign up for the free trial it should automatically link to your device.
Just because you sign up for the trial on your computer doesn't mean you can only watch tv there.

What happens at the moment when you go to fire tv on your television ?
Census information  Crown Copyright
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 22 August 18 18:56 BST (UK) »
Thanks, Christine. I hadn't considered that! (doh!)  :-[

Yes, I had to key in my account details as well as my wifi password when I installed the firestick so it should be okay doing it online. At the moment, when I go into the fire tv I just get all the blurb about tv progs, films, apps etc that are available - and now, lo! an icon to click onto for the tennis! (12 hours a day - next thing, my wifi monthly allowance will be getting used up faster than ever before!!)

I thought I'd save the free trial for when the tennis was on but basically I still need to find my way around it. Its amazing how quickly you get used to talking to a disembodied entity in your living room (Alexa) - I felt a right numpty to begin with!!

Thanks you for your helpful post - I take it, you're not five years old???  ;D  (Me neither!)

Jill
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Online Christine53

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 22 August 18 19:18 BST (UK) »
Put a 6 in front of the 5 , I'm afraid !

Enjoy the tennis .

Christine
Census information  Crown Copyright
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk