Author Topic: Rotterdam - 1910 - Passenger Lists Query  (Read 313 times)

Offline lhorosko

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Rotterdam - 1910 - Passenger Lists Query
« on: Wednesday 22 August 18 15:48 BST (UK) »
Are there passenger lists for ships leaving Rotterdam in 1910?  In particular I am looking for the passenger list for the Uranium leaving Rotterdam in February 1910 bound for Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.  I have the Halifax passenger list but looking for the Rotterdam list to confirm my research.

Thanks
Linda from Canada

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline TreeDigger(Again)

• RootsChat Extra
  • Genetically challenged; need to find the culprits!
    • View Profile
Re: Rotterdam - 1910 - Passenger Lists Query
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 29 August 18 19:51 BST (UK) »
I had a look at several archive sources in both The Netherlands and Rotterdam, but it appears that - for now at least - only the passenger lists of the Holland America Line are there. It's possible that they still need to be processed, if they're there at all. I suggest putting up this query from time to time in the hope you might strike gold eventually.

Regards, TD
Haycock (Liverpool and Wolverhampton); Rosewell (Shepperton); Wales/Whales (Thanet, Kent); Daborn (Chobham, Horsell); Prince and Powell (Liverpool area); Maxted and She(e)pwashe (Kent); Milo/Millot (France, Holland, England); genealogical research project on links to ancient Frisian aristocracy (Hofstra-Fynia-Tania). Spending the remainder of my time trying to handle three teenagers ;o)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Hugs.............
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 29 August 18 20:19 BST (UK) »
At a quick glance ancestry have a sailing from Rotterdam 8 February 1910 arrived Halifax 27 February 1910 - Uranium.

Anything here.........1902, 1906-1909 : Misc. Passenger Lists to Halifax, Nova Scotia (irishgenealogy.net) - With mention of the final destination of each passenger (in Canada or the United States). Departures : mainly Hamburg, Liverpool, Rotterdam.

http://irishgenealogy.net/antrim/ships.txt

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline lhorosko

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 29 August 18 23:58 BST (UK) »
Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

Regards, Linda from Canada