Author Topic: Vincent  (Read 2565 times)

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Vincent
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 23 August 18 13:36 BST (UK) »
I have his will I am in the process of emailing the said solicitors to see if this is the exact will I have.
I did purchase it from the said solicitors.

No idea what you paid the solicitors for it, or when, but if you are paying more than £10 currently for copies of wills from solicitors then I advise you to order online from the Probate Service
https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/#wills
You will get not only a copy of the will (if one existed) but also a copy of the grant which will be the most up to date info in relation to the will and then you will know who carried out the probate and where they lived at that time - which can be really useful

Boo

Offline kayla0609

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Thursday 23 August 18 13:52 BST (UK) »
That sounds heaps better from now on that's what I will be doing but you gain so much family history from wills.

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 23 August 18 13:54 BST (UK) »
Yes I love old wills they can be really informative, but they are expensive enough at £10 without paying even more for them.

Boo

Offline kayla0609

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Thursday 23 August 18 14:38 BST (UK) »
waiting on reply from solicitors.

Offline Moffitt77

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday 05 September 18 08:59 BST (UK) »
Just noticed the nam Culley.

It may be totally irrelevant but the name Culley is an important one in Northumberland. Culley Brothers were important agriculturalists and are known for developing the Border Leicester sheep. Most of Fowberry was owned by the brothers and families including the village of Fowberry, Fowberry Manor, Fowberry Tower and Fowberry Mains. My great great grandfather's family were tenants of Fowberry Mains for generations before and after 1830, and his wife was from Fowberry Tower. I often see mention of Culley family members when searching Northumberland.