Author Topic: Tyne and Wear Archives  (Read 682 times)

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Tyne and Wear Archives
« on: Wednesday 22 August 18 17:05 BST (UK) »
Definitely no rush for this but if anyone is at TWAS and has some time to spare I'd appreciate a look up in the burial registers / grave registers for Saltwell Cemetery please.

The index to burials is on Family Search and I found a William Rutherford in there. The index entry says:
Burial Register No 28928 Folio 247, Graves Register Division 7 No 7427 , 29th Dec 1960, age 86

His wife Jessie Ann Rutherford had died the year before. Her entry in the index says:
Burial Register No 28193 Folio 210, Graves Register Division 7 No 7427 , 16th Apr 1959, age 84

As they are both in the same grave it looks likely that the grave was purchased. I don't know what info the Grave Register book has, but if its easily done to see if there any other burials in there, that would be interesting. If its not immediately obvious then I don't expect anyone to attempt to jump through hoops - these folk are twiglets and don't warrant heroic efforts :-).

I have the death announcement in the Evening Chronicle for Jessie Ann, which has her address as 1 Tyne Vale Terrace Gateshead. If the burial register/ graves register has that sort of info I'd be interested to know if William was still there the following year when he died (I've trawled through the Evening Chronicle and there doesn't appear to be a death notice for him, nor an In Memoriam notice for either of them)

Boo

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Tyne and Wear Archives
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 30 August 18 10:49 BST (UK) »
Here is the entry Boo :)

Saltwell Cemetery Register
Entry: 28928
William Rutherford
Retired
86y
1 Tyne Vale Terrace
Date of burial: 29 December 1960
Place of burial: D 7
Grave No: 7427
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Tyne and Wear Archives
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 30 August 18 11:06 BST (UK) »
Thank you RTL.
Your help, as always, is much appreciated.

Boo