Author Topic: Beaumont Family - Wentworth / Thorpe /Bolton upon Dearne  (Read 758 times)

Offline gela

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Beaumont Family - Wentworth / Thorpe /Bolton upon Dearne
« on: Wednesday 22 August 18 19:50 BST (UK) »
Hello I wonder if you could help me please to find the right family for Mary Beaumont.

According to the 1851 census she was born about 1814 Bolton Upon Dearne.
She married a George Saxton in 1839 Rotherham , marriage certificate shows her father as William Beaumont a farmer , residence at time of marriage Thorpe, witnesses look like Jabez Butcher and Jonathan Preston.
She died in 1854 Thorpe Hesley

I do have another Beaumont family from Bolton on Dearne Thomas and Rebecca nee James they had daughters

Hannah Beaumont born 1811 Bolton Upon Dearne married George Roe 1831 Darfield ,lived in Ecclesfield

Mary Beaumont born 1813 Bolton upon Dearne

Margaret Beaumont born 1816 Bolton Upon Dearne married George Hattersley 1835 Ecclesfield, lived in Ecclesfield

I just wondered if Mary Beaumont who married George Saxton is the daughter of Thomas and Rebecca and perhaps William as her father on her marriage certificate is a mistake .

Any help and ideas will be much appreciated thank you

Offline gela

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Beaumont Family - Wentworth / Thorpe /Bolton upon Dearne
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 22 August 18 19:53 BST (UK) »
Thomas Beaumont's occupation was husbandman

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 22 August 18 20:19 BST (UK) »
http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/YKS/WRY/BoltonUponDearne/BoltonBaptisms1810-1819

The above is a link to the transcriptons of the registers for Bolton upon Dearne, from the Genuki pages. No Mary Beaumont baptised with father William that I can see, only the daughter of Thomas.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline gela

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 22 August 18 22:05 BST (UK) »
yes that's all i could find when i looked i wonder if it is the same Mary and the marriage certificate is wrong