Author Topic: Auckland Heritage Festival, 29 Sept - 14 Oct 2018  (Read 533 times)

Offline mare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Auckland Heritage Festival, 29 Sept - 14 Oct 2018
« on: Thursday 23 August 18 12:59 BST (UK) »
That time again for annual event ...

29th September 2018 - 14th October 2018

http://ourauckland.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/articles/events/2018/09/auckland-heritage-festival-2018/

Programme will be available at Auckland Libraries from early September and list of events will be on the http://heritagefestival.co.nz/ website.

:) mare

Moderator's edit: subject line edited to include festival dates. Spades

Offline Fresh Fields

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • If only they could talk !
    • View Profile
Re: Auckland Heritage Festival 2018
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 23 August 18 23:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Mare.

Seeing this post I thought the Festival site may have published the full programme early, but just now see they are still saying Monday 27th August.

Hope the weekend weather is a little more amenable this year. A lot of work goes on behind the scenes preparing for all the open day functions. So good numbers attending is appreciated.

Alan.
Early Settlers & Heritage. Family History.

Offline mare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 24 August 18 03:00 BST (UK) »
Agree with you there Alan in regard to the preparation that goes into the festival events, many volunteers to thank to help make it happen as well. Pretty sure no rain dancing goes into any of the planning  :)

Have had a few dampeners over the years, all in all though pretty good considering the Spring season. Here's hoping for some co-operation on the weather front for this one. Quite soggy underfoot in places around Auckland at the moment, gumboots required for some of the cemeteries.

Offline Fresh Fields

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • If only they could talk !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 24 August 18 12:05 BST (UK) »
As my roots go back to Pukekohe East 1868 - 1906 I regularly join them and I provided material for their feature last year. Both weekend open days were bleak, and attendance was down on previous events I have assisted with.

Then the first heritage walk at Oratia was postponed, and the second became mainly one of hot soup and a gathering at the small Museum. Slippery clay slopes deemed to be a health risk. But still informative days for those who braved the weather.

Would love to do a Symonds Street walk, but have yet to achieve that. With the Auckland Heritage Festival you are spoilt with choice, in such a short time. Can not attend them all.

Alan.
Early Settlers & Heritage. Family History.