Author Topic: Newcastle Probate Registry search facility  (Read 504 times)

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Newcastle Probate Registry search facility
« on: Friday 24 August 18 09:15 BST (UK) »
Related thread on the England Board:
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=799044.0

This post just for info for those who are in the area and able to visit the Newcastle Probate Registry (just a hop and a skip from TWAS). I emailed to check and the reply says they still have the old bound and printed calendars on the shelves in the reception area and they also still have the pc screens in the same area that can be consulted by name/year search to show images of what I believe is the old microfiche for later (not printed in calendars) probate entries (not sure if these have been updated to the present day, but I do know they go up to at least 2012)

Which is very useful, as the details of address of deceased and name and address of grantee can really help to confirm that you have the right person (and from about 1968 onwards  that detail is not available in online databases) Even if you don't want to buy a copy of the will (or indeed a death cert) this corresponding info can push a possible death registration into the 'yep that all matches' category.

Just thought I'd pass the info along in here.

Boo

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
Re: Newcastle Probate Registry search facility
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 30 August 18 11:44 BST (UK) »
Thanks
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,