Author Topic: Huggins Lane  (Read 2216 times)

Offline Bookbox

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Huggins Lane
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 26 August 18 13:24 BST (UK) »
The Newspaper reports I have are from The Hull Daily Mail and also reports from Adelaide and new Zealand. But I haven't looked in any of the London Daily Papers of the time as I haven't access to them.

I may be wrong, but I think it’s not really the sort of item that would have made a London daily paper. You’d be better off searching a local weekly paper, as already suggested on your other thread (which I’ve only just found, sorry ... )

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=714230.msg5579509

It’s a bit of a long shot, but maybe the City Press would be worth trying? It’s not online for that date.

Your profile doesn’t say where in the world you are, but if you have access to either the British Library or the newspaper library at Boston Spa, you could visit and view a copy for the relevant week and the following week? Or have someone visit one of those places on your behalf? At the BL it would have to be ordered at 48 hours’ notice.

ADDED - have you already checked poor law records, in case the children were in the care of the City of London Board of Guardians at any time? Some of these records are online at Ancestry, others at LMA.

Offline stanmapstone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 26 August 18 14:54 BST (UK) »
ADDED - have you already checked poor law records, in case the children were in the care of the City of London Board of Guardians at any time? Some of these records are online at Ancestry, others at LMA.

There is nothing for the children in the "London, England, Poor Law and Board of Guardian Records, 1738-1930" on Ancestry.

Stan
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Bookbox

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 26 August 18 15:11 BST (UK) »

There is nothing for the children in the "London, England, Poor Law and Board of Guardian Records, 1738-1930" on Ancestry.

Many of the records in the above series are unindexed. It may be worth browsing.

Offline Jeffrey

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information is Crown Copyright,
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 27 August 18 11:11 BST (UK) »
Thank you.
Have looked but they are not there.

Judy
CUMBERLAND  Armstrong Little Nixon Richardson Pearson Watson Braithwaite
WESTMORLAND  Richardson Dent Nicholson Hanson Kersey Smith Heigh
DURHAM Reed Smith Reay Hammond Metcalf Bell