Author Topic: Catherine Parsonage  (Read 640 times)

Offline fred21

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Catherine Parsonage
« on: Monday 27 August 18 00:41 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am trying to trace a Catherine/Katherine PARSONAGE who married a John/Jonathan KIMBERLEY 24 April 1681 in Tanworth, Warwickshire.

So far I have been unable to trace any birth for her in Warwickshire or any other county.

Suggestions?
Wildermoth/Wildermouth (Ireland, England, France); Byrne, Whelan, Keenan (Ireland); Ellis (Cornwall); Bambrough (Durham), Newman (Durham and Norfolk); Watson (Durham); Mattison (Yorkshire); Kirker (New Zealand and Ireland); Pirie (Scotland); Campton (unknown);

Offline philipsearching

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I was a beautiful baby - what went wrong?
    • View Profile
Re: Catherine Parsonage
« Reply #1 on: Monday 27 August 18 01:29 BST (UK) »
I had a look at the image of the register page and it looks as though Catherine was from Alverstoke (Worcestershire?).  Plenty of Parsonages in Alverstoke but no Catherine (except Catren JAMSE who married Thomas PARSONAGE in 1662).  There's no obvious death for Thomas which would leave Catherine as a widow, but I wondered.....

Is it worth looking for marriages of a Catherine to a PARSONAGE in and around the area before 1681?  If any can be matched with a subsequent death for the groom and no sign of a death or remarriage for a widow Catherine  it might provide a lead.

Philip
Please help me to help you by citing sources for information.

Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Catherine Parsonage
« Reply #2 on: Monday 27 August 18 07:57 BST (UK) »
Alverstoke is in Hampshire ;D

Also, please remember that the parish named on the marriage certificate is simply where she was living at the time of the marriage, and where the banns were to be called.
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)