Author Topic: Edward CAMPTON  (Read 128 times)

Offline fred21

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Edward CAMPTON
« on: Monday 27 August 18 00:51 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am trying to trace a Edward CAMPTON who married Ann KIMBERLEY 26 Dec 1819 Holy Trinity, Coventry.

He and his wife had 9 children that I know of.

According to the various census's he was from Foleshill, Warwickshire c1787.

So far I have had no luck in finding him.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Wildermoth/Wildermouth (Ireland, England, France); Byrne, Whelan, Keenan (Ireland); Ellis (Cornwall); Bambrough (Durham), Newman (Durham and Norfolk); Watson (Durham); Mattison (Yorkshire); Kirker (New Zealand and Ireland); Pirie (Scotland); Campton (unknown);

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline philipsearching

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I was a beautiful baby, - what went wrong?
    • View Profile
Re: Edward CAMPTON
« Reply #1 on: Monday 27 August 18 01:37 BST (UK) »
familysearch has a baptism for Edward COMPTON, 5 Aug 1787 in Alveston, Warwickshire, parents William and Hannah.

Might this be him?

Philip

(ADDED - Alveston is near Stratford upon Avon, about 20 miles from Coventry/Foleshill)
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Towcester/Weedon - ALLEN, BASFORD, MAY       Fakenham - WILLIAMSON       Hempton - WRIGHT, LOVELL       Bethnal Green - MONKS and LARCHER
Southwark - MOUNT, BOWBRICK        Clonakilty to Southwark -  CRISPIN      Lambeth - LYON       Hoxton - WALTERS     Gwennap - JAMES, GRAY, TREWARTHA       Antrim - CORDNER, SANDYS         Peru - SOTELO, MOREY, BASELLI

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline ColC

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 27 August 18 10:56 BST (UK) »
According to his marriage record in 1819, he was a widower, one of the witnesses was Mary Campton.

Edward Camptin of the parish of ? Trinity, Coventry married Mary Cartwright otp.
18 Apr 1808 Hampton in Arden, Warwickshire. Thomas Camptin was a witness, all signed X.

Mary Campton   Age 30  (1786)   Burial 31 Dec 1816   Coventry, St Michael

Moses Campton   Age 3 months 1817   Burial 29 May 1817   Coventry, St Michael

Two baptisms, abode for both Far Gosford St.

Thomas Campton   20 Dec 1814   Coventry, Holy Trinity   Edward (Weaver) Mary

Thomas Campton   29 Oct 1820   Coventry, Holy Trinity   Edward, (Cordwainer) Ann

There is a picture of an open book on Aty which details Edwards life and marriages, it states that he was born c1783 Foleshill.

Colin

Clarke, Trickett, Orton, Lawless, Norton, Detheridge, Kirby, Goodfellow, Wagstaff, Lowe, etc.

Offline fred21

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 29 August 18 04:50 BST (UK) »
Thanks for all the help.

I didn't know about his previous marriage so that is really useful.

I've tried hunting for all the Edward Campton/Camptin/Compton etc for between 1780 and 1790 and there are none for Foleshill.

Alverston does seem more likely.

Wildermoth/Wildermouth (Ireland, England, France); Byrne, Whelan, Keenan (Ireland); Ellis (Cornwall); Bambrough (Durham), Newman (Durham and Norfolk); Watson (Durham); Mattison (Yorkshire); Kirker (New Zealand and Ireland); Pirie (Scotland); Campton (unknown);