Author Topic: Harriet McHenry marriages  (Read 382 times)

Offline scottie1189

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Harriet McHenry marriages
« on: Monday 27 August 18 05:01 BST (UK) »
Hello everyone.

I'm trying to sort out my great grandmother's marriages (on my dad's side of the family). I know she was married 4 times. My grandma recently started developing dementia and told me what little she could remember.

My great grandmother Harriet E. MCHENRY, was born 3/12/1911 in Bloomsburg, PA. She died 8/14/1991 in Berwick, PA.

I know her one husband was Clarence L. BERLIN, and my grandma said two of her other husbands last names were STINER and SWANK. She couldn't remember their first names or anything about the 4th husband, only that the marriages would've been in Pennsylvania.

Trying to find this information about her has been proving to be difficult. I'm looking to find info on her marriages, such as dates and places and hopefully uncover the 4th husband's name. I've done what I could do, but have hit a brick wall. Can anyone help me out?

Thank you.  :)

Online amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Harriet McHenry marriages
« Reply #1 on: Monday 27 August 18 06:47 BST (UK) »
She is buried at Creveling Cemetery as Harriet Elnora Berlin perhaps the plot was purchased when married to Mr. Berlin.
Her last residence was 18603 Berwick, Colombia PA. re ssn death index.
SSN application gives name as Harriet Elnora Swank 19 April 1984, Harriet S Stiner 23 June 1975 ,
Harriet S Swank 21 August 1991.
(note a wife can draw benefits from her husbands social security so whoever had the greatest benefit would be the one she would draw from)

She married in Oak Hall Virginia 3 July 1961 as Harriet McHenry Swank age 50, widow to Paul Harvey Stiner, divorced
her address was 1656 Fairview Avenue, Berwick, PA occupation beautician, Mr. Stiner was a truck driver.
Her parents are John Lester McHenry and Josephine Crouse.
ADDED registered Arlington VA.
Find a grave has notes she married Elmer Edward Swank (1898-1954)
Clarence E Berlin (1907-1961) married 1925
Paul Harvey Stiner (1916-1992) married 1961

Marriage of a daughter Caroline Rebecca Berlin also in VA to Roy Franklin Cole 30 June 1951 states her parents Clarence Berlin and Harriet McHenry live at 412E 8th Street, Bloomsburg PA.
They also had a son Clarence Leroy Berlin, daughter Delores E Berlin born 8 October 1932 died 14 January 2009.