Author Topic: Baptised or buried?  (Read 875 times)

Offline Sloe Gin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Baptised or buried?
« on: Tuesday 28 August 18 21:13 BST (UK) »
I'm looking for Sarah James who was married in Wistanstow in 1754. 

I've found this transcribed entry in http://www.melocki.org.uk/salop/Wistanstow.html
1730/1  Mar. 24. Sarah, d. of Thomas James, of Whittingslow & Mary ... bur.

But there's no corresponding baptism, so I'm wondering if it could be a mistranscription and this is actually a baptism.  This Sarah would tick all the boxes, and her siblings fit the family name patterns.

I see that F.M.P. has an image for this entry - does anyone know if this comes from the PR or the BTs?  I don't have a subscription at the moment so can't take a look.  Wouldn't mind paying for a month's access but that option doesn't seem to be on offer now.  :(

Am I right in thinking that the PRs are at Shrewsbury and the BTs at Hereford RO?  Not that I'm likely to get to either very soon.

UK census content is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk  Transcriptions are my own.

Offline Comberton

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Baptised or buried?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 28 August 18 22:10 BST (UK) »
Shropshire Baptisms

Sarah James
24th March 1730

image says 24 Baptised Sarah daughter of Thomas James of Whittingslow and Mary, his wife

Baptisms, burials & marriages are all listed together instead of seperately on the image.

Offline Sloe Gin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Baptised or buried?
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 29 August 18 00:16 BST (UK) »
Thanks so much, that was exactly what I was hoping for!   :)
UK census content is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk  Transcriptions are my own.