Author Topic: Looking for parents of my 10th GGF Edward Beales born ca 1545 Wramplingham died  (Read 466 times)

Offline rbeals125

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Edward was born supposedly in Wramplingham ca 1545 but I have been unable to find anything on his birth, baptism etc. on line. He was rector of St. Peter and St Paul in Wramplingham 1568-1612 when he died. Married three times and had 12 or more children. His son John was my immigrant into America.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline philipsearching

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I was a beautiful baby, - what went wrong?
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for parents of my 10th GGF Edward Beales born ca 1445 Wramplingham died
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 29 August 18 01:51 BST (UK) »
Edward was born supposedly in Wramplingham ca 1445 but I have been unable to find anything on his birth, baptism etc. on line. He was rector of St. Peter and St Paul in Wramplingham 1568-1612 when he died. Married three times and had 12 or more children. His son John was my immigrant into America.

Greetings, and a warm welcome to Rootschat

Did you mean born c1545?  It could be worth trying Ancestry.com to see if he's on the list of Oxford alumni - occasionally they have information. (As he was a cleric he may have attended a university)

Philip[

Please help me to help you by citing sources for information.

Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for parents of my 10th GGF Edward Beales born ca 1445 Wramplingham died
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 29 August 18 05:46 BST (UK) »
Cambridge University Alumni
Edward Beale  year admitted 1570
Ordained Deacon and Priest, 19 May 1582 at Rotherby Leicestershire

Ref ancestry

ADDED not necessarily your Edward Beale

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 29 August 18 05:58 BST (UK) »
Do you have the will of Edward Beale, located Norfolk Record Office, Norwich.
Edward Beale, clerk, Wramplingham 1612, ref: Will register Coker 231

There is another Edward Beale of Little Ellingham 1565-1569 ref: ANW Will register Mendham fo 200

Fees for copies are reasonable and the will of the elder Edward Beale may have some clues.

Online Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 29 August 18 06:43 BST (UK) »
http://db.theclergydatabase.org.uk/jsp/search/index.jsp

Added: Born 1445? Died 1612? That doesn't seem right. I'm not very good at sums but my calculator tells me that makes him 167 when he died.  :o

Offline rbeals125

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for parents of my 10th GGF Edward Beales born ca 1545 Wramplingham died
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 29 August 18 14:48 BST (UK) »
Edited the original post with 1545 date, fat fingers I guesss.

Offline rbeals125

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 29 August 18 14:59 BST (UK) »
Edward was born supposedly in Wramplingham ca 1445 but I have been unable to find anything on his birth, baptism etc. on line. He was rector of St. Peter and St Paul in Wramplingham 1568-1612 when he died. Married three times and had 12 or more children. His son John was my immigrant into America.

Greetings, and a warm welcome to Rootschat

Did you mean born c1545?  It could be worth trying Ancestry.com to see if he's on the list of Oxford alumni - occasionally they have information. (As he was a cleric he may have attended a university)

Philip[

Thank you Phillip, I have edited the post to reflect the correct dates. I have checked alumni pages etc. but I do not think he graduated.
Russ

Offline rbeals125

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 29 August 18 15:03 BST (UK) »
Do you have the will of Edward Beale, located Norfolk Record Office, Norwich.
Edward Beale, clerk, Wramplingham 1612, ref: Will register Coker 231

There is another Edward Beale of Little Ellingham 1565-1569 ref: ANW Will register Mendham fo 200

Fees for copies are reasonable and the will of the elder Edward Beale may have some clues.

Thank you for the reply, I will check into getting a copy of the will. I had a cousin who had it but could find no one to translate from old English or Latin whichever it was in. He has since passed on so I do not know what happened to his copy.
Russ

Offline rbeals125

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 29 August 18 15:04 BST (UK) »
Cambridge University Alumni
Edward Beale  year admitted 1570
Ordained Deacon and Priest, 19 May 1582 at Rotherby Leicestershire

Ref ancestry

ADDED not necessarily your Edward Beale

I had researched this one before but the dates overlap with the ones shown of him being in Wramplingham.
Russ