Author Topic: betsey hamilton and james marshall , kerrimuir  (Read 3046 times)

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: betsey hamilton and james marshall , kerrimuir
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 30 August 18 17:49 BST (UK) »
Francis Whitecross all mentioned before on previous posts and he did go to America

Rosie

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 30 August 18 18:37 BST (UK) »
There's evidence to connect the Whitecross family to Kirriemuir, but nothing so far to suggest that James Marshall and Betsey Hamilton ever set foot anywhere in Angus.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline gratuation

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 31 August 18 10:08 BST (UK) »
I think the comments about me not re posting the same query were unjust and rude.  I started a new thread as I'm sure you are aware sometimes new eyes can find things that have been missed . The other reason I didn't want to attach the whitecross thread is I know a lot about them it's the Marshall and Hamilton family that I'm trying to find more info on. Now although it's very kind of people to help the whole line of inquiry is on the whitecross family.  I wanted to  soley concentrate on the  Helen Marshall. Thank you everyone for your help but I will not be looking at this thread now I feel the person who added the comments about duplication must have been having a bad day it came across as rude . No point replying rude one in switching off my alerts.