Author Topic: Lookup request WO 69 - National Archives UK  (Read 1334 times)

Offline Chris_t

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Lookup request WO 69 - National Archives UK
« on: Friday 31 August 18 00:46 BST (UK) »
I am looking for information about a David King who served in the Royal Artillery c. 1800.

There is no service record for him so I would be grateful if there was anyone going to the National Archives who would be able to do a look up for me.

I have the following information.

WO 69/618/4539 Royal Artillery Pensions Register 1815 - 1818
David KING. Place of birth not given Discharged 1811. Discharge reason: Pension.

WO 69/618/7414 Royal Artillery Pensions Register 1815 - 1818
David KING. Place of birth not given Enlisted 1801. Discharged 1818.
Discharge reason: Pension. Note: Dead.

I don't know if either of these entries relate to the person that I am looking for.

The David King that I am looking for was possibly born at Neilston, Renfrew in 1772 and was a weaver prior to joining up.

In 1798 he was serving in Cornwall.

Any help would be appreciated.

Offline MaxD

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Lookup request WO 69 - National Archives UK
« Reply #1 on: Friday 31 August 18 09:46 BST (UK) »
A Royal Artillery pension register record for a David King who went to pension from 9 Battalion Royal Artillery on 1 Jan 1812 and who died 26 Feb 1872 at Perth has a birth place of Crieff.

I'm sure someone will help with a look up but these registers are just that, lists of pensioners, the only personal information they have is usually birthplace.

MaxD
I am Zoe Northeast, granddaughter of Maximilian Double.

It is with great difficulty I share with you that in the early hours of 07 August 2021, Maximilian passed away unexpectedly but peacefully.

With deep sadness,
Zoe

Double  Essex/Suffolk
Randle/Millington Warwicks
Sokser/Klingler Austria/Croatia

Offline ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 31 August 18 11:09 BST (UK) »
A Royal Artillery pension register record for a David King who went to pension from 9 Battalion Royal Artillery on 1 Jan 1812 and who died 26 Feb 1872 at Perth has a birth place of Crieff.

Looking at discharge records I think that is a man from Muthill (Muthell/Mewthell) who enlisted 30 March 1810 and was discharged to pension on 31 December 1811 on grounds of impaired vision.
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Chris_t

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 31 August 18 11:41 BST (UK) »

Thank you. At this stage I only need to confirm the birth place but I don't think this is him.

Offline Chris_t

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 31 August 18 11:44 BST (UK) »

Looking at discharge records I think that is a man from Muthill (Muthell/Mewthell) who enlisted 30 March 1810 and was discharged to pension on 31 December 1811 on grounds of impaired vision.

There was more than one David King and because there are two references I don't know whether they both relate to the same person or whether there is a record for two people of the same name. I know that one person only served for a year but he was only in his early twenties at the time so this is not my person.