Author Topic: Relationship advice please  (Read 1661 times)

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Relationship advice please
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 02 September 18 09:50 BST (UK) »
A will perhaps be able to find answers in shared matches, as you say, Nova67.

Heywood will not be able to find anymore info than he already has by looking at his own shared matches.

My 5th and 7th closest matches, managed by the same person, is very obviously connected to about 10 other matches of mine, descended from the same couple. Predicted 4th cousin.

This test manager has given me no information about her family tree, other than that none of my surnames match with hers, especially the suggested surnames I have given her.

Another very good match came up last week, related to all the others and these two.

I would dearly love to know how they are connected to me and the others, but it is up to her whether she wants to look into it all all.

In Heywood's case, A does appear to want to look into it, so he/she may have more luck, but A will have to do the work, not Heywood, as far as I can see.

Regards Margaret
STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.go

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 02 September 18 10:14 BST (UK) »
Just to say, I know the likely shared names as they are fairly close generations.
The adoption gives no information because the adopted person does not want to search or give information. Nothing has ever been mentioned in my family about such circumstances.

The child of the adopted person is researching the other parent.

I was just curious to know if my conclusions were accurate/possible.

I am not pursuing A’s line at all.

Thank you for your helpful comments.

Heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline tresario

• I have turned off all notifications to all topics
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 02 September 18 13:58 BST (UK) »
I found these charts really useful.
Breen,keenan,Boylan
Caldwell,Thompson,Bell.
Bradshaw,Smith,Waldron

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 02 September 18 14:29 BST (UK) »
Have you done a 'shared matches' with each of the 4 separately?  If so, are there any matches that don't  match with the others - particularly those of A and C?

Gadget

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 02 September 18 16:30 BST (UK) »
Have you done a 'shared matches' with each of the 4 separately?  If so, are there any matches that don't  match with the others - particularly those of A and C?

Gadget

I’m trying  ::)
Firstly, doing this exercise Gadget,  has shown me I was jumping to a big conclusion re A ‘belonging’ to my paternal line through both grandparents as I had matched A to a wrong person. However -now sorted.

I don’t want to bore everyone with this and apologise if I have not done this correctly.
Shared Matches with me.
‘2nd cousins’ as before
A shares B and D
B shares A, C and D
C shares B and D
D shares A, B and C.

I know that B is my first cousin’s child and links to both paternal grandparents
I know that C and D link to one paternal grandparent and are first cousins to each other.

‘3rd cousins’
I have 15 matches showing.

6 share with  A,B,C and D
2 share with just B
2 share with A and B
2 share with A, C and D
1 shares with B, C and D
1 shares with just C
1 does not share with this group so presumably my other parent’s side.

I haven’t gone into 4-6 cousin matches for here but there are variations and also common matches.
Looking at the above, I assume that , A must  have a similar connection to me.

I haven’t contacted majority of 3rd cousins and there are no trees.

I think I prefer my ‘magic’ theory of DNA. :)

Heywood

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 02 September 18 16:55 BST (UK) »

It's getting the right spells that we need . Maybe it's algebra that we need:

A2 = ((C +D)3-B4)x ;D

It took me a couple of months to work out that little group that I told you about but eventually I got there, even re-doing some hair raising trees! Some matches hadn't linked their trees to their DNA either, so I had to go to the ones that were listed in their profiles!

Let us know when you work it out - it's fascinating  :)

Gadget

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 02 September 18 17:23 BST (UK) »

It's getting the right spells that we need . Maybe it's algebra that we need:

A2 = ((C +D)3-B4)x ;D

Gadget

If somebody had told me that a year ago, I could have saved myself a lot of trouble.
Back to DNA results this evening to see if it works. You deserve an award for that. I'll nominate you tomorrow.  :D

Regards Margaret
STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.go