Author Topic: Links to both paternal and maternal lines  (Read 1538 times)

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Links to both paternal and maternal lines
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 04 September 18 19:54 BST (UK) »
A tree on Ancestry has added my dad + his brothers (but not his sisters), meaning my grandma was in 2 places at once (although at least in same county) for several years and allegedly having children into her late 50s. The mistake leading to the erroneous tree was a basic one. Tree owner probably accepted hints without checking records.
A man with same name and of similar age as one of my uncles, seems to have married a woman with same common name as my uncle's wife. I saw my aunt's photo attached to this other woman.
One intriguing tree appeared at first sight to have traced my maternal GGM's paternal line back to 1650! An inspection showed several glaring errors in 19thC.
My maternal GM, an only child, has been given a brother who belonged to an unrelated family.
I have at least 4 different grandmas on other people's FTs and goodness knows how many GGMs.   ???  Multiple Grandma Personality Syndrome.   ;D

Cowban

Offline strictlysnoopy

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Links to both paternal and maternal lines
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 04 September 18 21:01 BST (UK) »
A big Thank You to all that have replied. I'm sure that he is "fishing" " clutching at straws" etc. finding my tree with " matches"to his results he has latched onto me hoping to solve his paternal line.
    What I found unsettling was his constant messaging whenever I was researching a "match" to his results on Ancestry. I didn't know that if you give permission to view your private tree, Ancestry notify the recipient every time, to me that's scary. It seemed to me that he wanted a free ride to solve his quest.  I have been very patient with him with suggestions but to no avail for the last 6 months or so which resulted in the blocking and making my tree private again.
  It would have been interesting to have found an unknown link between my maternal and paternal lines perhaps in the not so distant future I will have the DNA test and all could be revealed.
   Thanks again all replies have been very much appreciated.👏👏👏👏