Author Topic: Gibson Family Partick Glasgow  (Read 774 times)

Offline Maxwhitt

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Gibson Family Partick Glasgow
« on: Monday 03 September 18 19:22 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find relatives of my dad who passed away in April this year. I managed to get his ashes home to Glasgow to his parents grave. Robert Mitchell Gibson born 1905 died 1984 in Glasgow. His wife Annie McGregor Gibson born 1906 died 1986. My dads brother Robert Gibson was also in the grave died 1995 think birth date was around 1940. I have been unable to trace anything about Robert (dads brother) or a Janet Gibson also in the grave died 1980. They are buried in Western Necropolis Glasgow and all lived in and around Partick Overnewton Street. My dad was Alexander Victor Gibson he had lots of siblings. His dad was in The Highland Light Infantry. Quater Master Seargent. Any help would be great fully received.

Offline Wendy2305

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Gibson Family Partick Glasgow
« Reply #1 on: Monday 03 September 18 22:38 BST (UK) »
Hi and welcome to Rootschat have you looked at Scotlands people website the only place for orginal Scottish BMDs and census
I had a quick look there is a marriage of a Robert Mitchell Gibson and a Janet Crawford in 1955 registered in  Kelvingrove could this be the Robert and Janet Gibson
There is a birth of a Robert Mitchell Gibson registered in 1933 in Anderson which could be the same one

There is also a marriage between Robert Mitchell Gibson and Annie McGregor Grant in 1924 Blythswood possibly your grandparents if this is correct there are 15 deaths between 1974 and now of Gibson's with MMN Grant possibly not all siblings of your dad

Offline Maxwhitt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 04 September 18 06:17 BST (UK) »
Thankyou I will have a look on the site see what I can find seems possible it’s them. I know the marriage between Robert and Annie is correct. I am in Cheshire so need to do research on the area.

Offline Kgibson

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 12 November 18 14:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi I have seen your post re Robert Mitchell Gibson and Janet (Crawford) Gibson they are my grandparents. And Robert Mitchell Gibson and Annie Gibson are my great grand parents. I'm just wondering if you managed to find any information regarding this.