Author Topic: Pontllanfraith, Wales Church or other local Records  (Read 2112 times)

Offline BruceWorke

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Pontllanfraith, Wales Church or other local Records
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 06 September 18 19:33 BST (UK) »
The original posting from an unknown source about Daisy being a bondservant etc has significant errors:
Now, I offer some actual verified evidence: the earliest and best evidence of Daisy's birthdate is sourced from Pontllanfraith infant school records: 6 May 1914. Her birthplace as sourced by the Canopic Ship's manifest 20 March 1925 at Liverpool is specifically "Monmouth." And her age is given as 10. She is listed as a Tithecott Daughter on the ship's manifest although she was never adopted. Now, family lore is that Daisy was taken in by the Tithecott's as an infant from a young unrelated woman. There are specific reasons why I firmly believe there is no biological connection to either William of Fanny's family. I would not pursue the William "Tithecott" or Fanny "Trick" line at this point. Nor was Daisy's mother a close and or valued friend of the Tithecott's. I've sent for Ancestry DNA kit and we are having 4 other family members checked to hopefully at least finally rule this out or in.
I am interested in pursuing the surname Perry because Daisy used it on some official documents after she turned 21. And I appreciate all the names you all have suggested connecting to Perry. They will help in an advanced search...Sorry, I don't have more facts to offer. I've just paid Gwent Archives to take another in-depth look at Daisy's school records in Pontllanfraith. In fact, all the Tithecott children attended there. William Tithecott drove a mining truck nearby- I assume this was part of his wartime service-1914-1918. The Family would have gone to church and I have sent off some emails but have received no responses. Is there anyone local who could call nearby Pontllanfraith protestant churches for traces of the Tithecott family and Daisy? Likely Wesleleyn of Presbyterian. I know that's asking a lot and is going a long way back 1914-1925! The Tithecott family including Daisy lived at Springfield Cottages, Llanarth Road, Pontllanfraith Wales. Emigrated to Canada via Liverpool Canopic Ship 20 March 1925. It's Daisy's birth origin I'm seeking to discover! Thanks, everyone!