Author Topic: Looking for marriage of Thomas Wilson to Priscilla - California  (Read 1484 times)

Offline RJ137

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for marriage of Thomas Wilson to Priscilla - California
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 08 September 18 22:19 BST (UK) »
Esdras & Marie Priscilla were married in 1931. Record indicates both are single and it's the 1st marriage for both.

See both images 1463 & 1464.

Marriage: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:K8J7-ZRC

Offline Spurr

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 08 September 18 22:46 BST (UK) »
I believe the Priscilla whom I found a few days ago (and who was possibly married to Mr. Packman) was
1940 Los Angeles Census
"Esdres Marcott" age 50, born Vermont and Pricilla M., age 42, born Vermont

California Death Index
Pricilla Mary Marcotte
Born: 1892, Vermont
Died:  1952, Los Angeles

This lady is in a tree on Anc*try.  They show her as being married first to Keith Packman and then to Esdras L Marcotte.  Perhaps they are mistaken with the Packman marriage?

I've been ill since Thursday (vertigo) and cannot add up all the facts at this time.   :-\ Perhaps there were three Priscilla's with similar backgrounds?

Update:  Two Priscillas, not three.  The Marcotte Pricilla and your Priscilla.

Lisa, hope you feel better soon.

There seems to be quite a bit of confusion, from the information I have received there was A Priscilla
Courtemache who married a Keith Packman and a Priscilla Desautels who married an Esdras Marcotte, as I have been given a death for Priscilla Marcotte I am favouring Priscilla Courtemache.
There is tree on Ancestry for her showing 4 marriages including a Thomas Wilson but his information is incorrect, no source shown.
Unless there is some way of checking an index of marriages for California I may have to wait until more information comes online.

Many thanks appreciate all your help.

Betty

Offline Spurr

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 08 September 18 22:51 BST (UK) »
Esdras & Marie Priscilla were married in 1931. Record indicates both are single and it's the 1st marriage for both.

See both images 1463 & 1464.

Marriage: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:K8J7-ZRC

Thanks RJ137 however I don't think this is my Priscilla as I have been given a death by Lisa in California for her in 1952
California Death Index
Pricilla Mary Marcotte
Born: 1892, Vermont
Died:  1952, Los Angeles

Regards Betty