Author Topic: donald bertie andrew wilkie  (Read 6297 times)

Offline elinga

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My mum and dad circa 1946
    • View Profile
donald bertie andrew wilkie
« on: Saturday 08 September 18 14:35 BST (UK) »
hi folks
trying to find out about donald bertie andrew wilkie (the son of my great aunt) .
this is what I know , he was born in Pietermaritzburg in 1908 to Nellie/Nelly/Ellen McCrorie/MacCrorie and David Allan Wilkie , he married Alice Florence McNair 17.3.1939 in Pietermaritzburg , their address was 43 Millar Street !
any help would be appreciated !
he also had 2 sisters Davidina Irene  , who married Lawrence Templeman and Marguerite Adair married Harold Birse he died (I think) and then she married Tempest Ronald Hazelhurst !
regards to all !
Everyday is a school day !!!!

McCrory/McCrorie Orr and McCafferty , Northern Ireland
Orr, Adair, McCafferty,McCrorie and McCrory, Millar,Strachan, Lewis,Linn, Arnott, Scott,Kerr,McKinnon , Jeffrey or Jaffrey,Lambie, Findlay and Meechan Ayrshire Scotland.

Offline Gillian Mauchan

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Eliza Warr c 1900 Found her she lied about her age
    • View Profile
Re: donald bertie andrew wilkie
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 11 September 18 02:04 BST (UK) »
There does not appear to be an entry for him on NAAIRS but here is a reference to his father's estate. This also contains a reference to his mother's estate file. Unfortunately neither are available on-line. You could contact the archive or eggsa.com for copies. His parents estate would indicate his location in the 50's
DEPOT     NAB                                                                   
SOURCE    MSCE                                                                 
TYPE      LEER                                                                 
VOLUME_NO 0                                                                     
SYSTEM    01                                                                   
REFERENCE 1595/1953                                                             
PART      1                                                                     
DESCRIPTION          WILKIE, DAVID ALLAN. BORN IN ANSTRUTHER, SCOTLAND. PR/SP WILKIE,     
           NELLIE. ESTATE NO. 226/1951. DECEASED ESTAT                         
STARTING  19530000                                                             
ENDING    19540000
WARR, MAUCHAN, GOWANS,Guest,Whitcomb. Taute, Webb,Pascual

Offline elinga

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 16 September 18 08:57 BST (UK) »
thank you for the link !

Orr, Adair, McCafferty,McCrorie and McCrory, Millar,Strachan, Lewis,Linn, Arnott, Scott,Kerr,McKinnon , Jeffrey or Jaffrey,Lambie, Findlay and Meechan Ayrshire Scotland.

Offline pampoen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 22 September 18 08:34 BST (UK) »
Join the South African Genealogy group on Facebook and put your request there or the Natal Midlands group also on Facebook.
Austin, Ayling, Alborough, Bescoby, Cheal, Groom,Rathbone,Tarboton,Lyell and Smith.

Offline elinga

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 22 September 18 22:37 BST (UK) »
thanx Pampoen

Offline elinga

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 06 February 22 12:08 GMT (UK) »
update on my previous post re donald bertie andrew wilkie
actually one of his sisters :
his sister Marguerite Adair Wilkie married Lawrence Templeman in 1924 but they divorced,  then in March 1st 1947 she married Harold Birse
regards to all !

Offline pampoen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 07 February 22 12:28 GMT (UK) »
From Familysearch Alice Florence McNair Birth 1909, Graaff-Reinet, Cape Province, South Africa, Death 12 Oct 1962 Pietermaritzburg, Natal, South Africa.
Austin, Ayling, Alborough, Bescoby, Cheal, Groom,Rathbone,Tarboton,Lyell and Smith.

Offline pampoen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 07 February 22 12:47 GMT (UK) »
When Davidina Irene Wilkie was born in 1905 in Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa, her father, David, was 30, and her mother, Nellie, was 26. She had one daughter with Laurence Claud Templeman in 1928. She died in 1987 in her hometown at the age of 82.
Marguerite Adair Wilkie was born, the daughter of Nellie and David. She married Tempest Roland Hazelhurst and they had one son together. She then married Harold Birse on 1 March 1947 in Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. She died in 1987 in Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.

Offline elinga

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 07 July 22 16:49 BST (UK) »
Pampeon thank you for your reply , sorry I have been taking a rest from my genealogy research starting up again !
Albert Birse still eludes me at least in South Africa, although I have found some information bout him in England ... anyway onward and upward !
thanx again !