Author Topic: Toal-Tole  (Read 1337 times)

Offline tobyma123

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Toal-Tole
« on: Sunday 09 September 18 14:07 BST (UK) »
Hello all does anyone have connections to my great uncles Thomas Macmaster Toal,David,James,
Edward,and William emigrated to the US between 1845 and 1855 from county Down Northern
Ireland,born between 1821 and 1834.
Father Thomas Toal mother Selina Macmaster or Lenny.
William stayed in Albany New York, Thomas, David, James and Edward lived in Kansas and wisconsin,they moved to Stockton California in the 1880's.
regards tobyma123 :)

James William Chappell is now James William Grantham ,Elizebeth Hill Grantham .Lincolnshire.Mary Jane Morgan 1842 born in Overton Flintshire Wales.Ann Morgan 1831 both wives of William Morgan 1829 Worcester.John Dowley 1858 Wellington Salop.Thomas Tole or Toal Selena Mac Masters born in Scotland but lived in county Down NIreland born about 1790.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Toal-Tole
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 11 October 18 21:16 BST (UK) »
Are you looking for any information ?

There are a couple of ancestry trees on Thomas McMaster Toal which would give you contact.

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/111131058

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline tobyma123

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 13 October 18 10:32 BST (UK) »
Hello Sandra thank you for your post about Thomas Macmaster Toal he was my great  grandfathers
brother.
I will look into that the poster may have more info about his parents that i am looking to find.
tobyma123. :)
James William Chappell is now James William Grantham ,Elizebeth Hill Grantham .Lincolnshire.Mary Jane Morgan 1842 born in Overton Flintshire Wales.Ann Morgan 1831 both wives of William Morgan 1829 Worcester.John Dowley 1858 Wellington Salop.Thomas Tole or Toal Selena Mac Masters born in Scotland but lived in county Down NIreland born about 1790.

Offline yakisoba

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 04 July 20 22:08 BST (UK) »
Hello,

My father's (George Toal) grandfather (Archie Toal) was William Toal and his great grand father was Thomas McMaster Toal. I have a picture of William Toal.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 05 July 20 14:21 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Welcome to RootsChat.

It doesn't look as if tobyma123 has been online since 2018. If they haven't got there notifications turned off, they may reply soon.

Sandra

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline tobyma123

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 05 July 20 17:28 BST (UK) »
Hello YaKisoba i have sent you a personal message i am a bit rusty
i have been ill have explained to Sandra.
However thinking about it all we are related Thomas Macmaster Toal
was the eldest brother of my great grandad Robert.My grandmother was Mary Elena Toal.
I have a lot of info on the Toal family they changed the spelling of their name from Tole.
Would love to hear from you.
tobyma123 :)

Offline yakisoba

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 06 July 20 00:39 BST (UK) »
Hello Tobyma123,

It is exciting to find that we are related!

You sent me a personal message, but I cannot open it as the message I get is that I am not allowed to have personal messages.

Is it OK for me to give you my personal e-mail in the forum???

Would love to send you the picture of William Toal. I met him when I was 4 years old just before he passed on. We were visiting California and my mother told me I needed to go meet my great grandpa. He was in the hospital at the time. It was the fist and last time I ever saw him. He was gentle and kind.

Hope you are feeling much better now!!

Regards and good health to you! Yakisoba

Offline tobyma123

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 06 July 20 12:22 BST (UK) »
Hello YaKisoba  I am not sure if you should put a e-mail address on the main page.
You need to ask ,when you can have a personal message.
regards tobyma123 :)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 06 July 20 12:56 BST (UK) »
New members need to make 2/3 posts before the personal message system works.
Maybe try one more yakisoba and I'm sure you will be up and running.

Good Luck
Sandra