Author Topic: David Thomson  (Read 14432 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: David Thomson
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 11 September 18 14:36 BST (UK) »
If he was in the forces, it might be possible that he was killed in the war.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 11 September 18 14:38 BST (UK) »
If he was in the forces, it might be possible that he was killed in the war.

No, because he is in the electoral registers until 1958 at least (reply #13)   :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 11 September 18 14:40 BST (UK) »
Oh well, that rules that idea out.  Thanks Jen.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 11 September 18 14:54 BST (UK) »
Newcastle Evening Chronicle 11 May 1971
Deaths

Thomson North Kenton ** Mostyn Green (late of Byker)
May 10 aged 62 years, Nina, dearly loved daughter of Helen (Nellie) Patterson and dear mother of David, Harry and Kenneth. Cortege leaving sister’s residence 150a Whitehall Road, Gateshead, Wednesday 11 noon for cremation West Road 12.30. Friends please meet at Crematorium. Cut flowers only.

Slightly odd (though it did happen) that there was no mention of her husband (either late or living), which would have been helpful.

and the electoral rolls from 1966 to 1971 have a Nina Thomson as the only  person at 20 Colgrove Way, Kenton -  which as far as I can tell is in an area of Kenton known as Mostyn Green - but I am not sure about that as I don't know the area at all.

Which means its now possible that David either died between 1957/8 and 1966 - or maybe the couple parted during that time.

Boo

Offline Karytay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 11 September 18 15:57 BST (UK) »
Yes, I looked at the rest of the election registers and  David does not appear in them later than 1958. His son Henry was in the police force and the family think that maybe David was also in the police force. Henry's son also was in the police force as a detective.   

Thanks Boo for the info from the newspaper.

I was looking for graves, but now I know I have to look at cremation as a possibility for other family members.

Taylor of Saltcoats Scotland. van Wyk South Africa, van Niekerk, Dickason, Rogers , Stevely and Seagrey

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 11 September 18 17:04 BST (UK) »
This is just quick as my Kindle is running out of charge .. I checked the memoriam notices for Nina for 1972 in the Evening Chronicle.  Seven notices were placed for her and loads of family members are named but no husband.  The notices are lovely - one of these from her Mother.. quite long list .. she was obviously much loved and missed.

One from sister  Edna .. some from children .. one from a niece etc.,.. If you like I can type these up at some point when I can get to this library again in next few weeks .. can't do today as I am running low on charge... just let me know if your friend would like these .

Following on from Boo's post - home address was given as '58 Mostyn Green, North Kenton'.

Offline Karytay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 11 September 18 18:11 BST (UK) »
Yes she would like them, thanks so much River Tyne Lass.
Taylor of Saltcoats Scotland. van Wyk South Africa, van Niekerk, Dickason, Rogers , Stevely and Seagrey

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 11 September 18 22:56 BST (UK) »
Please let us know if/when you get the marriage certificate and have his Dad's name.
We may be able to help further and (most importantly<g>) I am incurably nosey and like to know how things turn out :-)

Boo

Offline Karytay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 12 September 18 08:20 BST (UK) »
Lol. thanks Boo. will let you know.