Author Topic: David Thomson  (Read 14421 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: David Thomson
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 12 September 18 08:40 BST (UK) »
I have noted all the memoriams after my last post yesterday and will get these typed and posted as I get time. :)

I may have been wrong yesterday when I related that no husband was mentioned in the memoriams.  Tucked away at the very end of the list I discovered the one below from 'Dave'.  This is the only one in which no relationship to Nina is described.  I wonder if he might be her husband?

Evening Chronicle - May 10, 1972

THOMSON (North Kenton), Loving memories of Nina, died May 10, 1971.  Time passes, memories stay.  Always remembered, Dave.'
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 12 September 18 08:41 BST (UK) »
This is the memoriam from Nina's Mother:

'THOMSON.  In everlasting memory of my dear daughter, Nina.  (Patterson) who fell asleep in God's own arms a year ago today.  Death divides, but memories cling.  Always in her mother's thoughts.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 12 September 18 09:04 BST (UK) »
Evening Chronicle - May 10, 1972

THOMSON (North Kenton), Loving memories of Nina, died May 10, 1971.  Time passes, memories stay.  Always remembered, Dave.'

I suppose that might be son David rather than husband David  :-\

Although you know that the correct surname was Thomson, I do think you need to look for deaths indexed under the surname Thompson.

Hopefully the marriage certificate will contain the information you need to take the search on further.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 12 September 18 10:26 BST (UK) »
Yes, he might be the son or other person - it is a bit of a mystery as yet.  Dave is the only one on notices who did not identify his relationship to Nina.

This is the memoriam from son Harry.  I know you have already mentioned him so I presume he is dead.  I have put his what may be the other names of likely his wife and children in asterisks just in case they are still living.  I am unsure if I will be allowed to post these or not so will err on side of caution.

'THOMSON.  (late of Byker),  In Loving memory of my dear mother, Nina, who died one year ago today, May 10.  If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, We would walk right up to heaven, mam, and bring you home again.  It hurt, it made me cry, but the saddest part of all is we never said goodbye; Time may pass but memories will live on.  Always in our thoughts, Harry, **, **, **, **.'

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 12 September 18 10:28 BST (UK) »
This is the memoriam from son Ken:

'THOMSON (58 Mostyn Green, North Kenton), In loving memory of my dear mother, Nina, died May 10, 1971.  I think of you in silence, I make no outward show.  What it meant to lose you, no one will ever know.  Ever remembered by her loving son Ken.'

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 12 September 18 10:29 BST (UK) »
'THOMSON (North Kenton and Byker),  In memory of a loving sister, Nina (Patterson),  We fought so hard to keep her but she slipped away one year ago today.  Always in our thoughts.  Sister Edna, brother-in-law Joe, ** and **.'

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 12 September 18 10:30 BST (UK) »
This is the memoriam from sister Mabel:

'THOMSON (North Kenton).  In loving memory of my dear sister, Nina died May 10, 1971.  Always remembered Mabel.'

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 12 September 18 10:31 BST (UK) »
This is the memoriam from Nina's niece:

'THOMSON (North Kenton)  In loving memory of aunt, Nina, died May 10, 1971.   Sweet are the memories silently kept, Of one we loved dearly and will never forget.  Loved and remembered always, niece, **, husband **, **, **, and **.'

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday 12 September 18 10:37 BST (UK) »
Perhaps what I could do and what I ran out of time to do yesterday is to look to see if any memoriams appeared in the next year - 1973.  On the off-chance that a Dave may have posted a memoriam and also identifying himself in relationship to Nina.

I think it will be likely that I will be able to look again at the Newcastle library at some point in the coming week.